Tier 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is kicking off as if their lives are ruined and I’m just sat inside on my own, like I would be even if COVID wasn’t a thing.

People are losing their minds that they can’t go to a pub. I mean seriously?

All you’re saying is that your life hasn’t really changed, so naturally you will not mind.

It’s ok for others to be upset or disappointed that they are missing out on things they enjoy.

Not quite right that though is it. Alot of people work in the hospitality industry and will lose their jobs. A landlady friend of mine has had to find another job ironically as a logistics coordinator at a Corona test site.
Why are gyms exempt? I visit pubs, restaurants and gyms. The gym I visit is by far the worst for the "covid safety" and I would hazard a guess this was where I contracted corona as I hadn't been anywhere else other than my house in the week I caught it.
1.1% of transmissions come from gyms. If I go to a gym 4 times a week, I guarantee I’ll be healthier than if I go to a pub 4 times a week.

Almost 20% come from supermarkets.

Last edited:
Very noticeable that others mental state have taken a backward step in the last couple of days, it's not about pubs they claimed.
I’ll be honest it’s kicking me to bits now, dark days and nights working from home, by time it’s end of work day it’s too dark to get out and do anything. Thank god the gyms are back next week.

this really will hit people hard over winter be locked down effectively still
Everyone is kicking off as if their lives are ruined and I’m just sat inside on my own, like I would be even if COVID wasn’t a thing.

That’s more a sad indictment that n your lifestyle that others tbh? People want to go out and enjoy life ? Rather than stop in on their own?
Aye, but fully stocked now. Nee spending.
Tbh I’m thinking once this is over the the govt come running for me to spend I’ll fuck them off for a while

Last edited:
I’ll be honest it’s kicking me to bits now, dark days and nights working from home, by time it’s end of work day it’s too dark to get out and do anything. Thank god the gyms are back next week.

That’s more a sad indictment that n your lifestyle that others tbh? People want to go out and enjoy life ? Rather than stop in on their own?

Tbh I’m thinking once this is over the the govt come running for me to spend I’ll fuck them off for a while
Understandable. How old are you chalk ?

In fairness thats easy for you to say though if you’d have been sat in doing fuck all anyway. Lots of the rest of us wouldn’t have been.

And why not.
I’m going to treat myself to 18 bottles of Rioja from Sainsbury’s now there’s 25% off 6 bottles when I finish work 👍
Round yours for a party then. Oh had on 😳☹️

It’s not forever marra. Like all things this will come to an end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite right that though is it. Alot of people work in the hospitality industry and will lose their jobs. A landlady friend of mine has had to find another job ironically as a logistics coordinator at a Corona test site.
Why are gyms exempt? I visit pubs, restaurants and gyms. The gym I visit is by far the worst for the "covid safety" and I would hazard a guess this was where I contracted corona as I hadn't been anywhere else other than my house in the week I caught it.

gyms I suppose do a lot to combat mental health. I’d argue pubs also do but the powers that be won’t agree

1.1% of transmissions come from gyms. If I go to a gym 4 times a week, I guarantee I’ll be healthier than if I go to a pub 4 times a week.

Almost 20% come from supermarkets.
I've not looked at statistics all I know is that when I was getting a drink it was in a washed glass and table service. The gym is picking up and putting down weights used by others, people training in groups, with the exertions at the gym people are breathing heavier and people not social distancing.
I don't generally go to the supermarkets my lass does.
In all probability I think my youngest son has brought it in from school but its pointless trying to guess.
gyms I suppose do a lot to combat mental health. I’d argue pubs also do but the powers that be won’t agree
I agree with both statements

Last edited:
London stayed in Tier 2 after intense lobbying from business leaders. So, the Tier you are allocated depends on who is speaking up for you. What a surprise, London not hit as hard as everyone else.

Reactions: ebb

Just because your a loner with no social life doesn't mean everybody else is.

I’m delighted London isn’t in tier 3. The more parts of the country doing as well as can be the better imo

I’ve spent nowt for months, I’m going to treat myself to a new telly
I've just bought a new waterproof anorak & some hiking keks, went mad & bought 2 new speakers for my amp & converted £80 worth of achievers points from graft into Morrisons e vouchers & spent it all on 🍺, never even left the house, Viva la Lockdown 🤣

Never mind they'll all be herding en masse into the Bridges, Dalton Park & the Metro Centre next week, let the bullbait commence.

Last edited:
Ready for chaos!

Boris Johnson says that with mass testing it may be possible to “release” individuals and families “from certain restrictions” even if their home area is still in T3 or the like.

I’m delighted London isn’t in tier 3. The more parts of the country doing as well as can be the better imo

I'm having a few beers for it.
Ready for chaos!

Boris Johnson says that with mass testing it may be possible to “release” individuals and families “from certain restrictions” even if their home area is still in T3 or the like.

He just makes it up on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back