Ticket Touts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwerty

Striker
A couple are expected to be jailed for making millions buying and selling tickets.
My question is why aren't tickets seen as a commodity which can bought and sold at a profit?
Food, water, housing and fuel are surely more important but seen as okay to make profit on.

Supply and demand, at one point not that much different to selling a pair of limited edition trainers or anything else. If you put in the effort to get something, you can sell it.

Or you could, not sure on the legalities of it now.

It's a bit of a c***s trick mind.

Supply and demand, at one point not that much different to selling a pair of limited edition trainers or anything else. If you put in the effort to get something, you can sell it.

Or you could, not sure on the legalities of it now.

It's a bit of a c***s trick mind.
People can buy a house without the intention of living in it and make a profit on it. But buying a concert ticket and selling it gets you in court.

People can buy a house without the intention of living in it and make a profit on it. But buying a concert ticket and selling it gets you in court.
At least you'd get charged council tax on a property, and to make any serious money you'd either have to wait or invest in it.

A couple are expected to be jailed for making millions buying and selling tickets.
My question is why aren't tickets seen as a commodity which can bought and sold at a profit?
Food, water, housing and fuel are surely more important but seen as okay to make profit on.
The only reason I can think of is because so often it happens they are fakes and people are getting scammed

At least you'd get charged council tax on a property, and to make any serious money you'd either have to wait or invest in it.
I'll add shares, gold, antiques to the list of money making commodities which are fine to trade.
Just seems weird why entertainment tickets have this reverence around them.

agree.
they’re very welcome and have sorted me out on numerous occasions.
like you say, selling things for more than they’re worth is done by every business in the world

The only reason I can think of is because so often it happens they are fakes and people are getting scammed
The tickets the couple were trading were legit apparantly. Obviously selling fake tickets is illegal.
Still can't understand why trading in legit tickets is seen as illegal.

The tickets the couple were trading were legit apparantly. Obviously selling fake tickets is illegal.
Still can't understand why trading in legit tickets is seen as illegal.
I;m not sure either, if you find out let iz know. I'm rather curious now and I can't seem to find anything on it anywhere

If coonts like these two couldn't hoover up huge amounts of tickets fans wouldn't have to pay exorbitant prices to see their favourite acts.
The fact they were able to buy huge amounts of tickets is the problem. Once they have why shouldn't they sell them at any price they want? Seeing a concert is not one of life's needs.

If coonts like these two couldn't hoover up huge amounts of tickets fans wouldn't have to pay exorbitant prices to see their favourite acts.
This is the problem of the vendors/venues though. Glastonbury and a few others have dabbled in photos being attached to the tickets to deter reselling of tickets. Companies could very easily set something up like this for all tickets - you have a profile with your photo etc... Printed on the ticket and photo ID required for entrance.

This is the problem of the vendors/venues though. Glastonbury and a few others have dabbled in photos being attached to the tickets to deter reselling of tickets. Companies could very easily set something up like this for all tickets - you have a profile with your photo etc... Printed on the ticket and photo ID required for entrance.

It’s happening more and more with club tickets. Needs an official resale option as well though for people who can genuinely no longer attend. They get a refund then someone else can buy the ticket at face value. Resident Advisor have a good system for this.

It’s happening more and more with club tickets. Needs an official resale option as well though for people who can genuinely no longer attend. They get a refund then someone else can buy the ticket at face value. Resident Advisor have a good system for this.
Agreed. Resell back to vender at face value (or less) minus booking fee. For genuine people who can't make it, this will be a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back