Ticket Touts

Once the vendor sells the ticket what gives them the right to dictate what happens to it after that?
It's pure protectionism.
I think concerts should be protected for people that want to see them at the price initially charged.

I was sick of touts 20 years ago. If I've got to upset you and a few others to ensure touts can't fuck people over, oh well.

Once the vendor sells the ticket what gives them the right to dictate what happens to it after that?
It's pure protectionism.
Try this...
I was working on the day ticket gate at Download a couple of years ago. There was around 100 people a day on all three days turned away because their tickets had been cancelled.
It turned out that most of these tickets had originally been bought under just two names resold multiple times on Viagogo, then cancelled for a refund from the vendor.

Last edited:
They obviously do have the right. Hence they've been jailed.
I know, just wondering what makes tickets so important that profiting from them is illegal.
Try this...
I was working on the day ticket gate at Download a couple of years ago. There was around 100 people a day on all three days turned away because their tickets had been cancelled.
It turned out that most of these tickets had originally been bought under just two names resold multiple times on Viagogo, then cancelled for a refund from the vendor.
Dispicable that, selling tickets on then cancelling them. Different problem though to just selling them on.

Last edited:
If Glastonbury can put your face on a ticket and allow you to get your money back - why can't the massive ticket sellers do the same?

A couple are expected to be jailed for making millions buying and selling tickets.
My question is why aren't tickets seen as a commodity which can bought and sold at a profit?
Food, water, housing and fuel are surely more important but seen as okay to make profit on.

If we had food rationing with each person only allowed a specific amount of food and profiteers used unethical and fraudulent means to scoop up vast quantities of food and then immediately sold it on at a profit on tbe blackmarket they’d soon find themselves up in court.

I think it’s refreshing that we’re decent enough people to legislate against this kind of shithousery.

Agreed. Although if it's not high demand it's not likely to attract rip off merchants.

True. Most things down here seem to sell out though so there's money in it for touts even if it's not the stupid amounts stuff like Ed Sheeran can earn them. I've only ever seen names on tickets for stuff that literally sells out in seconds.

Don't remember going to a gig and not seeing touts outside even if it's not sold out. Even regularly see a bloke outside the Albert Hall touting tickets for classical concerts when I'm on my way home.

Back