Three Sunderland supporters hit with banning orders after violence broke out at Sunderland AFC game

I've just read it. If there is no evidence then what have the CPS put forward to the courts. There must have been something otherwise the defence would have had a field day. Again I know nothing about it so cant comment on what evidence was presented

So you would take a risk of 5 years in prison and with the certain knowledge that NP are going to stand up in court and give false statements against you, or just say guilty accept a banning order.

They were defending other Sunderland fans from the scummy Coventry fans?

Some, possibly even most, would have been doing that. And Christ knows there were a load of scummy Coventry fans that day. But not every single fan that got involved.

Edit: poor policing - I'd say virtually non-existent policing.

Last edited:
So you would take a risk of 5 years in prison and with the certain knowledge that NP are going to stand up in court and give false statements against you, or just say guilty accept a banning order.
But I dont think the police are corrupt though. Obviously people on here have had not so positive interactions with the police for one reason or another. I'm saying that if I was completely innocent I wouldn't go guilty

If there isn't any evidence there is no case.

Oh bugger - here we go again (I unwittingly got caught up with the Central Station carry on, so have first hand experience how the Police cover up their wrongdoings and arrest totally innocent people in respect of this type of process).

I would, therefore, appreciate it if you would now fuck of back into your Utopian bubble and try and consider the true reality of what goes on in this type of situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here the defendent is seen throwing a punch *doesn't show footage of defendent getting threatened and then hit prior*

Playing devil's advocate a bit here, but what if these three were some of those fans goading the Coventry fans by singing about Jimmy Hill being in a box, shortly before it kicked off?

Playing devil's advocate a bit here, but what if these three were some of those fans goading the Coventry fans by singing about Jimmy Hill being in a box, shortly before it kicked off?

Ifs and buts. I'm merely pointing out to the naive how innocent people can get done. Mind, if someone singing about Jimmy Hill sends you into a violent rage you're probably a wrong un.

But I dont think the police are corrupt though. Obviously people on here have had not so positive interactions with the police for one reason or another. I'm saying that if I was completely innocent I wouldn't go guilty

OK I'm sure you're family, wife, employer etc will stand by you whilst you're in prison. When it comes to getting convictions for football the police are f***ing rotten to the core man. You appear to have a idealistic view of how things are in the world. That's absolutely fine but it's an uninformed view that could be costly if you're ever faced with the stark choice any number of safc fans have faced down the years.

Oh bugger - here we go again (I unwittingly got caught up with the Central Station carry on, so have first hand experience how the Police cover up their wrongdoings and arrest totally innocent people in respect of this type of process).

I would, therefore, appreciate it if you would now fuck of back into your Utopian bubble and try and consider the true reality of what goes on in this type of situation.
Like I've said, you've obviously had a pretty negative interaction with the police which isn't a rare thing. That's why with technology the way it is now everyone can be held to account more and the more things that are recorded the better, then people in the wrong can get the punishment they deserve and the police cant cover things up or lie.

Like I've said, you've obviously had a pretty negative interaction with the police which isn't a rare thing. That's why with technology the way it is now everyone can be held to account more and the more things that are recorded the better, then people in the wrong can get the punishment they deserve and the police cant cover things up or lie.

This was disgusting.

Coventry City fan "viciously assaulted" by police officer wins settlement | Football Supporters' Federation

A knar :lol: Hillsborough..... Even after Central Station they had to admit they'd lied about police dogs being injured and needing to be seen to by vets (all quickly put out to paint our fans in a bad light and get public opinion on their side).

Freedom of Information requests can be a wonderful thing!

Back