This weekend's local cricket

Good game yesterday, had everything in hindsight.

Gutted we didnt get the win but we also would have took a draw at 30-3 so swings and roundabouts.
Yep could have went any way at varying stages. We clearly got away with it being 8 down with 20odd overs left, but good signs for us that the young lads stepped up.

What happened in your game only 9 overs in second innings according to play cricket ?
We knocked 219 off off 3 down mate.
Strange moment in our game mind. Umpire gave our number 3 out, he got off pitch then umpire tried to reverse decision as thought he’d made mistake. Decision ended up standing but caused a bit of a scene. Never seen anything like it before.

Spenny II tied with Middleton Tyas in the cup last night 121-5 each! Anyone had a similar experience? That's a first for me in 30 years of playing! Replay on Wednesday.

Spenny II tied with Middleton Tyas in the cup last night 121-5 each! Anyone had a similar experience? That's a first for me in 30 years of playing! Replay on Wednesday.
Years ago our 3rd team tied with Ryhope in a midweek cup match, the umpires decided to play one of those super overs even though it wasn't in the rules :lol:

LCC Sunday team lost to the last ball lad needed a 6 to win it and got it

Think I am a jinx on sport at the moment :-(

We had two tied games last season in the league

One more run would have meant we stayed up !

My boy umpired Leicestershire V Worcestershire U15s on Sunday last, that ended in a tie as well, glad he was at the non strikers end for the last over.

... Dodging the thunderstorms today hopefully. Spenny 1sts at home to Raby Castle II, 2nds away at Middleton Tyas with by far our strongest XIs so far. Obviously it will rain then.

Back