This weekend's local cricket

4 games this weekend for me :eek:

Won tonight v Newcastle XI Twenty20
Home to Sunderland tomorra
Blaydon away Sunday
Benwell Hill on Monday

Played Cricket for what must be 15 years and somehow don’t think I’ve played at Blaydon, looking forward to it.
Blaydon used to be lovely! Over the last few years it’s deteriorated though unfortunately. I played there for a few years then went back to watch a friend last season and was unpleasantly surprised.

No game for Spenny 1sts, 2nds away at Etherley, a ground I've never played at. Looking forward to it after today's goings on.

Etherley used to be a lovely ground in the 80s, but when the club folded and King James Old Boys used it, it had fallen into disrepair.
A few years on, I’d be interested to know it’s current plight

Etherley used to be a lovely ground in the 80s, but when the club folded and King James Old Boys used it, it had fallen into disrepair.
A few years on, I’d be interested to know it’s current plight
King James have since moved on from playing there so it's purely Etherley on there now.

The ground itself isn't a patch on what it used to be unfortunately. The drainage has been an issue in recent years and the club just don't have the money needed to bring it back up to how it used to be years ago.

As with many clubs though, the volunteers behind the scenes are doing some cracking work - especially with their junior setup.

King James have since moved on from playing there so it's purely Etherley on there now.

The ground itself isn't a patch on what it used to be unfortunately. The drainage has been an issue in recent years and the club just don't have the money needed to bring it back up to how it used to be years ago.

As with many clubs though, the volunteers behind the scenes are doing some cracking work - especially with their junior setup.
I had heard that, do King James play at Coundon now?

Back