This Town - new BBC Series coming next year

They were playing at blues after the match today. Dunno what version though.
If it’s the ones who were on midlands today it’s the one with Robin Campbell I think. Ali ran off years back then Astro joined him but he’s died since.

This version has Robin on guitar but there’s lots of bad blood still between them.

If it’s the ones who were on midlands today it’s the one with Robin Campbell I think. Ali ran off years back then Astro joined him but he’s died since.

This version has Robin on guitar but there’s lots of bad blood still between them.

It’s all rather sad innit bab

I lived in Cov in the mid/late 70s and it's striking how it brings back the feeling of the place. The Irish pubs that were off-limits. One night my mate & me made a mistake and walked into the wrong pub during a particular period of tension - didn't realise what we had done till we were half way through a pint & clocked that blokes kept looking at us, We drank up & got out quick then ran like hell.

I lived in Cov in the mid/late 70s and it's striking how it brings back the feeling of the place. The Irish pubs that were off-limits. One night my mate & me made a mistake and walked into the wrong pub during a particular period of tension - didn't realise what we had done till we were half way through a pint & clocked that blokes kept looking at us, We drank up & got out quick then ran like hell.
Even in late 80’s and with Irish heritage there were one or two pubs I wouldn’t take my mates in. Mind you there were more that I wouldn’t take them in for other reasons! My dad played Doms in one of the roughest pubs in Cov and I’d sometimes have a pint with him in there. My mates thought I was mad.
Like most things in life though if you don’t behave like a dick you’ll be okay.

Back