This Town - new BBC Series coming next year

Steven Knight’s (Peaky Blinders) latest offering looks like it could be a good un.

Based on the early 1980s ska scene around Birmingham & Coventry and starring Lady Mary out of Downton and the lad who played Leon, the care worker who looked out for Ra’nell in the first series of Top Boy

Steven Knight’s (Peaky Blinders) latest offering looks like it could be a good un.

Based on the early 1980s ska scene around Birmingham & Coventry and starring Lady Mary out of Downton and the lad who played Leon, the care worker who looked out for Ra’nell in the first series of Top Boy

Looks good that mate .

Great times and music - and of course the riots……….40+ years ago ffs !

Watching, I was absolutely astounded to read that "ghost town" isn't used on it, especially since it's called "this town" ffs, set in 80s Birmingham :confused:

Really enjoyed Ep.1 tonight - captured the era well- looking forward to it livening up a bit tbh .

Despite the grim backdrop there was a hell of a party going on back then.

A few things are a bit out but overall it’s hanging together well so far.

Considering the main lad is from Halesowen, albeit Black Country, he’s butchering an attempt at a Chelmsley Wood accent.

Sound track is solid.
The wood has its very own accent. I worked there for years, once saw a man steal a urinal from a pub but there was actually a really strong sense of community despite the deprivation.

I watched it last night. It was Ok, just not great. The main protagonist seemed to waffle on as much as Owldie does. Also I was never particularly convinced that it was 1981. 'This is England' did a much better job of portraying the era. The music could have done with a bit more variation too. e.g. SLF not turning up until the 5th episode. The selection should have been better.

Back