This Time with Alan Partridge

The Alan partridge early stuff was genius but everything since and after his diatribe towards hardworking members of brexit society has been poor. Il give it a whirl tho

"THIS IS THEIR LEVEL!"

Thought last night's was excellent.
Loved the return of Joe Beasley and Cheeky Monkey.

I listened to the Alan Partridge Podcast "From The Oast House" when I was decorating earlier in the year and it was up there with the best stuff Steve Coogans ever done as Alan. Really funny and well worth a listen if you get chance.

Last edited:
Missed last nights but thought the first episode was poor. Seemed like one idea stretched too thin even if they got the pisstaking of this type of show (hello, One Show) pretty spot on.

Can't watch it, saw a bit of first series and couldn't get into it. Loved the living in a Motel series and the caravan one. Both amazing and surreal. Something is missing with this set up. It seems just a pastiche of The One Show. Partridge is at his best when he his down on his luck.

There are some good bits in it, like the monk segments last week and the young offenders but I’m still on the fence, not sure it works in this setting but it’s all opinions, I like the film and most reviews panned it!

Can't see it myself. It just seems childishly stupid, but each to their own.
The Linton Travel Tavern series was some of the greatest comedy that’s ever been on tv and it was certainly childish. He dressed as a zombie by putting tungsten tipped screws on his fingers, lashing a shower curtain around his back and a kettle power cord as a tail. Zombies don’t even have tails.

Back