This quote really worries me...

When we scored 4 at their place last year, the one we conceded didn't matter. Gillingham are weaker this season, we should be outpassing them, not resorting to a level where they are better.

“We picked a team that we felt was strong enough to deal with that but also had enough quality to play and I thought when we played we did okay."
“There was never going to be loads of football in the game because they don’t allow you to play, but I thought in the main we stood strong as a team and were desperately unlucky not to get something."

Now, I'm not one of these who thinks we've got a god given right, but fuck me, we were playing Gillingham.

"We did okay?" f***ing okay.

Fuck off man.

I was going to mention that little gem in bold when everyone was fuming about the other stuff he said. It seems to have gone unnoticed. That rankled more than the rest of the shite he spouted, IMO.

Yep, the mighty Gillingham won’t ‘let’ little ol’ Sunderland play a certain way. If those aren’t the words of a complete coward and quitter, I don’t know what is.

He talks like a man wanting a payoff. He’s finished here.

This is a worse quote. Remember it's Gillingham as you read it.

"“There was never going to be loads of football in the game because they don’t allow you to play, "
Exactly, Gillingham didn't allow us to play football. Fukin Gillingham, Parky grow some balls will you.

The worst quote was something along the lines of had we managed a draw, “we’d have taken that all day”.
'If we'd got a point we'd have taken that all day' - Phil Parkinson, on the possibility of minnows Sunderland going to 16th-in-League-1 titans Gillingham, playing a back 7 and failing to cling on for a brave draw.

Surely he can see that his Hoofball tactics cant work with the team we have, our midfield and defenders lump it forward, and if our strikers can hold it up or knock it on our midfield plodders are to slow to get on the end of it.

“We picked a team that we felt was strong enough to deal with that but also had enough quality to play and I thought when we played we did okay."
“There was never going to be loads of football in the game because they don’t allow you to play, but I thought in the main we stood strong as a team and were desperately unlucky not to get something."

Now, I'm not one of these who thinks we've got a god given right, but fuck me, we were playing Gillingham.

Fuck off man.
Losing is never doing "OK" in football. Apparently it's something about how the points system works for a win and a draw.

Fuck off man.
The blokes just grateful to have a job... The hard part was always keeping it. Fortunately for him he's landed on his feet as we're so buckelled we can't afford to sack the inept twat

Surely he can see that his Hoofball tactics cant work with the team we have, our midfield and defenders lump it forward, and if our strikers can hold it up or knock it on our midfield plodders are to slow to get on the end of it.

It's all he knows. He's a no mark and a dinosaur. Should be transported back to the 1970s where his tactics might be effective.

I was extremely pissed off when he was appointed.
But decided to give him a chance and felt he at least needed a transfer window to shape a team.
However, the team selection yesterday was of a man who has bottled the job.
He only needs to blame the fans and we have the full house of the manager death throes.

Doesn't sound like anybody is happy with the current manager. Nearly scraped a draw...Put 4 past them twice last year?

Christ...

He's an absolute f***ing joke.

I'm not sure why people feel sorry for him. Out of his depth or not, there's no excuse for coming out with defeatist crap like that.

Lowering expectations has been the name of the game at SAFC for the last few moths and so far we've reached "we would have been happy with a draw at Gillingham". How long before league two is being talked about in glowing terms?
From SAFC's wallet? ;)

Dreadful.

Gillingham ffs.

We’re Sunderland, we should be playing free flow attacking football and blowing teams away.

The clubs going backwards rapidly.

This is a worse quote. Remember it's Gillingham as you read it.

"“There was never going to be loads of football in the game because they don’t allow you to play, "

They played what little football was on offer. All we do is hoof it. It was a terrible game to watch though.

Back