This quote really worries me...

They played what little football was on offer. All we do is hoof it. It was a terrible game to watch though.
it was dire. we should have grabbed that game by the scruff of the neck. a bit of pace through the middle and a bit down the wings and we'd have walked it but all the players who could've given us that were on the bench. as soon as charles wyke came on he had a shot that narrowly missed and their defence actually looked a bit shaky. what does he do? bugger all but fetch maguire on with seconds to go which is a waste of time that late on.
i don't mind parkinson as a bloke and i don't profess to know anything about football tactics but why do we always seem to be chasing the game instead of taking the initiative.

it was dire. we should have grabbed that game by the scruff of the neck. a bit of pace through the middle and a bit down the wings and we'd have walked it but all the players who could've given us that were on the bench. as soon as charles wyke came on he had a shot that narrowly missed and their defence actually looked a bit shaky. what does he do? bugger all but fetch maguire on with seconds to go which is a waste of time that late on.
i don't mind parkinson as a bloke and i don't profess to know anything about football tactics but why do we always seem to be chasing the game instead of taking the initiative.
Its his approach to football i dont like obviously he is under pressure but he set up his team to defend the alamo and we lost,all our best players were on the bench and if he follows this model he will lose the players and thousands of fans and months and months of this may just break our great club.Its not his fault he was hired but i dont think he was the manager we needed and the supposed reason for not hiring stendel was because he was not in the right frame of mind followink his sacking yet parki obviouslt wasnt affected by the boltion fiasco?

I was extremely pissed off when he was appointed.
But decided to give him a chance and felt he at least needed a transfer window to shape a team.
However, the team selection yesterday was of a man who has bottled the job.
He only needs to blame the fans and we have the full house of the manager death throes.

The issue with giving him a transfer window is that he will look to buy players that suit his philosophy. He needs to be gone before then. Any money spent in January will be wasted if not.

It's all set up perfectly for Grayson and Blackpool next week as well isn't it? I wonder if they'll prevent us from playing as well?

Hope we do 'okay' though.

I never said anything about walking all over them. But saying we did okay isn't good enough.
We were undone by a bizzare linesman's flag which was probably being held by a closet Gilligham supporter as he was the only one to spot the offence. We played the best we have done for a few weeks when Wyke came on, which is hardly a coincidence. Insisting on the negatives won't make the problem go away.

They didn't want us to play football last year when we spanked them because of maja, honeyman and james etc..

We were undone by a bizzare linesman's flag which was probably being held by a closet Gilligham supporter as he was the only one to spot the offence. We played the best we have done for a few weeks when Wyke came on, which is hardly a coincidence. Insisting on the negatives won't make the problem go away.
it was a fcking appalling game of football what on earth are you talking about.. set up for a 0-0 and deservedly beaten..

I think that phrase 'when we played ...' is key. We didn't until the second half and then only in patches. I take his point about the need to match them for strength, but I couldn't see the 'quality' in that side.

He's clearly came in thinking all he needs to do is have a go at home and keep it tight away from home and we should pick up enough points at home and draws away to get us in the play off places.

Theres no goals in our team though and no sign he has any idea what to do with Will Grigg.

His plans to play for draws away from home are nixxed as soon as we concede and I think with the two keepers we have that's always a possibility

Should have been sacked on the spot
It's all he knows. He's a no mark and a dinosaur. Should be transported back to the 1970s where his tactics might be effective.

Reckoned he didn’t have a style of play and adapted to the squads he’s managed. complete lies. Bloke is out of his depth and only knows one way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back