This Is Wearside - New Display Org

Jesus Christ :lol: Well consider me corrected. I am blown away they approved in that case. Was in a single point of approval?

The only way to get banners like that done is to not tell the club imo. No way Palace fans told their club about the Saudi banner :lol:

The order for material had to be in by a specific date due to the factory shutting down for Christmas. The SW display would’ve had a lot of blue so we needed to have it approved in advance.

Apparently, Steve Davison said yes, then something happened behind the scenes and David Bruce/KLD got involved and it was stopped.

Yeah the club should have been bending over backwards to get SO37 involved and helping where they needed help ie storage, but criticism is a bit misplaced about the Sportswashing display, as like you say no club in the country would have allowed that.

I did always wonder what stopped them making smaller banners criticising the Mags and the Saudi regime mind, given how they managed to make banners criticising the club, based off twitter I'm assuming it was the same people.

Time & people to make them.

The banner we did have took 6 people about 5 hours. In the freezing cold on the concourse, right next to a food outlet that had the shutters down.

On top of that, the whole stadium needed covering which took just over 3 days.

The order for material had to be in by a specific date due to the factory shutting down for Christmas. The SW display would’ve had a lot of blue so we needed to have it approved in advance.

Apparently, Steve Davison said yes, then something happened behind the scenes and David Bruce/KLD got involved and it was stopped.
Points more to Davison being incompetent than anything else mind. The club could be open to all sorts of action if statements about Sportswashing or anything else Saudi related are plastered over the ground for the world to see. Admittedly, that’s what we as fans wanted but I still am not surprised it was eventually halted.
no but unless all those lot got banned or the club have since revoked the right to bring in flags does it matter?
That’s not the question though mate. The club eventually stopped our display and if you put those flags / banners you’ve posted in front of any club for ‘approval’ I’m certain they say no. Whether they take any retrospective action or not is different but for example the police investigated the individuals responsible for the Palace banner. Banners / flags like that just need to be taken in without any club knowledge but then it’s whether the individuals in the fan group are prepared to take the risk.

Last edited:
Points more to Davison being incompetent than anything else mind. The club could be open to all sorts of action if statements about Sportswashing or anything else Saudi related are plastered over the ground for the world to see. Admittedly, that’s what we as fans wanted but I still am not surprised it was eventually halted.

Me neither. But we had to try. It was the messing around from the club that eventually proved too much for us.

I wish the new group the best of luck. They’re going to need it.

Me neither. But we had to try. It was the messing around from the club that eventually proved too much for us.

I wish the new group the best of luck. They’re going to need it.
I think everyone appreciated the effort and sentiment of the message mate. Just a shame it couldn’t have been done without the club knowing really. Like I said with the other banners posted on the thread there’s no way they’ve got approval from any of the clubs involved.

Just because they’re there doesn’t mean they were approved by the club. Do you honestly think clubs have approved any of the ones you’ve posted?
Shouldn't be down to the club to approve. The terraces should belong to the fans.
If Davison tried to intervene he should be dragged away and tarred and feathered. This is Wearside!

Shouldn't be down to the club to approve. The terraces should belong to the fans.
If Davison tried to intervene he should be dragged away and tarred and feathered. This is Wearside!
Point I’m making is because the club were aware of it they eventually wouldn’t allow it. Which isn’t a surprise. Sounds like Davison might’ve been the good guy in this one though if he initially approved it :lol:

Yeah the club should have been bending over backwards to get SO37 involved and helping where they needed help ie storage, but criticism is a bit misplaced about the Sportswashing display, as like you say no club in the country would have allowed that.

I did always wonder what stopped them making smaller banners criticising the Mags and the Saudi regime mind, given how they managed to make banners criticising the club, based off twitter I'm assuming it was the same people.
If you mean the Banner in the South Stand.
That was made by a few fans who brought into into the ground.
Nothing to do with 37.

If you mean the Banner in the South Stand.
That was made by a few fans who brought into into the ground.
Nothing to do with 37.
Think there was some in the North too.

Yeah I could be wrong on that, but it looked the same as the ones used in actual displays, and I'm sure the SO37 twitter account tweeted similar things after the Mags game.

Either way it feels like it was about 6 years ago now so I'm probably talking nonsense :lol:

Club put the blockers on the display late in the day, not enough time to do 100s of small ones with an alternative display to organise I'd guess

Back