This $1000 Apple Monitor Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lexingtongue

Some interesting analysis about it online... :lol: Opinions?

Some interesting analysis about it online... :lol: Opinions?
I was reading about that. $5000 for a monitor which is no use whatsoever without forking out an extra $1000 for a stand to hold it.

Back to the good old days of Apple where it's the design you're paying through the nose for rather than the technology.

Looks nice mind, no denying that. I also like the cheese grater they've brought out as the next MacPro

I was reading about that. $5000 for a monitor which is no use whatsoever without forking out an extra $1000 for a stand to hold it.

Back to the good old days of Apple where it's the design you're paying through the nose for rather than the technology.

Looks nice mind, no denying that. I also like the cheese grater they've brought out as the next MacPro
I can't see where the price comes from personally, even if it is for ultra high end machines. It's just a stand, it doesn't have any standout features or anything. Yet you still have those knackers above photographing it as if it is some rediscovered ancient relic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some vlogger reckons it's a bargain. Completely ignoring the fact that Apple are still valuing a bent piece of metal at $1000.

"You and me, and most people watching WWDC, and most normal people just think of a monitor and a stand together. So what [Apple] should have said was this is a $6,000 monitor, but if you want to buy it without the stand it's $1,000 off — $5,000."

From what i've read, a lot of users will buy the machine without the stand as they already have one.

They've had a shocker marketing this though

Some vlogger reckons it's a bargain. Completely ignoring the fact that Apple are still valuing a bent piece of metal at $1000.

"You and me, and most people watching WWDC, and most normal people just think of a monitor and a stand together. So what [Apple] should have said was this is a $6,000 monitor, but if you want to buy it without the stand it's $1,000 off — $5,000."
The phrase "You can fool some of the people all of the time" springs to mind.

There you go lads, for the price of an already ridiculously overpriced iPhone you can now have ... this bit of metal.

Really saying something when a room full of total acolytes responds to a price tag like that. Never happened before.

I like apple products (would never call myself a fan of a huge corporation) but that is totally taking the piss.

Probably based the stand on the price of the monitor, 20% doesn't seem unreasonable for a peripheral.

Can't see many home users buying the monitor at that price, it's a "prestige" product.

yea not out of context at all. They are all using the new augmented reality features to see the screen broken down into components
Logon or register to see this image
Also, a lot of people write blogs etc for Apple products, so they need good photos to use on their articles, videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back