Think I've lost my mam

BombayBadboy

Full Back
Tonight my mam of 47 years of age got rushed into hospital. I'm telling everyone on here right now, if you have anyone in your family or anyone close to you at all with problems with alcohol. Do what you can to help!! It's too late for me, but it might not be for you!!

Sorry to hear that. Hope she pulls through and can take steps to address her drinking problem.
Thank you appreciated.
Awful that mate. Sorry.
Thank you mate, don't post much but this board brings me many laughs and many life tips believe it or not. Thought I would share a very personal one.
Best wishes, marra
Thanks mate.
oh Christi sorry
No need to be sorry mate. Just trying to give a helping hand to anyone who is having trouble behind closed doors.

Last edited:
Had a massive cutback in Jan after my 40 year health check flagged up drink. I work away a bit and ‘entertain’ so can drink 5 nights a week.
Cut right back but me n many during this lockdown will be slipping into shit habbits. Its our culture now. Me n 5 very very good mates are on watsapp, living allover world n every nights theme is “what you on tonight lads”. Slippery hope but hope theres a tiny bit hope mate.

Tonight my mam of 47 years of age got rushed into hospital. I'm telling everyone on here right now, if you have anyone in your family or anyone close to you at all with problems with alcohol. Do what you can to help!! It's too late for me, but it might not be for you!!
Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully she comes through. We lost a very dear friend almost a year ago to alcohol. Seeing her decline was terrible and not being able to do anything to help even worse. She was 57. I know we all joke to readily about getting pissed and alcoholism but when you are in its grip it's no laughing matter.

Wishing you all the best mate. Hopefully you get the chance to sort it out with her

Really sorry to hear this must be very tough for you and your family.

sorry to hear this, we went through similar with brother-in-law a couple of years ago so i know what you’re going through

plenty of support on here if you need it. Good luck, hope your mam pulls through

Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully she comes through. We lost a very dear friend almost a year ago to alcohol. Seeing her decline was terrible and not being able to do anything to help even worse. She was 57. I know we all joke to readily about getting pissed and alcoholism but when you are in its grip it's no laughing matter.

Wishing you all the best mate. Hopefully you get the chance to sort it out with her
Thank you very much. That's the thing I actually feel guilty about having a few beers sometimes and I shouldn't. Sorry for your loss too.
Sorry to hear this marra,don't know you but we only ever get one mum. Hope she pulls through.

Take care fella.
Appreciate it sir

Back