Think I've lost my mam

So sorry to hear this I lost mine last night. I've never felt pain like it. (Not alcoholism).

I hope your mam can Get the best help and treatment to pull her through this..

Love and wishes x

So sorry for your loss. I lost my mam four years ago but I still have tears in my eyes thinking about her. I don’t think that I really knew how much I needed her until she was gone. Take care of yourself and your family.

It’s an awful addiction mate , you have my sympathy, I lost my wife (47) and my son lost his Mam at age 9 a few years back to it
Stay strong , hopefully a positive outcome
Hard to bare mate . It's a terrible thing to deal with full stop and if someone dies from it and leaves people like you and yours that's about as harsh as it can get . Hope youre both recovering from it as best you can.

Tonight my mam of 47 years of age got rushed into hospital. I'm telling everyone on here right now, if you have anyone in your family or anyone close to you at all with problems with alcohol. Do what you can to help!! It's too late for me, but it might not be for you!!
I can sympathize with your situation. I have a son and his fiancée who by their lack of awareness of what this illness can cause to themselves is as plain as day to me. The financial hardship which inflicts on immediate family is actually outweighed by the law breaking and anti social behaviour it creates to the point that phone calls from a police cell demanding money for alcohol and weed come as a relief as they are not allowed. At this rate neither of them will see 35 and I am not joking.

Lost my brother to the drink a few month back, it's sad you know, he wasn't a bad bloke. Worked and drank his whole life, caught up with him eventually. I'm actually surprised my other brother hasn't gone the same way yet, he drinks heavy every day. If you go in Oddies on Hylton Rd, you'll know him, he's in there every day (Well, not atm like). Hopefully your mother is still with us and can pull through.

I can sympathize with your situation. I have a son and his fiancée who by their lack of awareness of what this illness can cause to themselves is as plain as day to me. The financial hardship which inflicts on immediate family is actually outweighed by the law breaking and anti social behaviour it creates to the point that phone calls from a police cell demanding money for alcohol and weed come as a relief as they are not allowed. At this rate neither of them will see 35 and I am not joking.
Chaos doesn't begin to describe it does it marra. Stick in and hope for daylight to dawn 🙁

Chaos doesn't begin to describe it does it marra. Stick in and hope for daylight to dawn 🙁
Well next Friday she will be 30 and if I was daft enough to leave the phones on or connected it would just be a case of guessing what time he gets arrested again or with a bit of luck miss pinot as miraculously it never seems to be her.

Well next Friday she will be 30 and if I was daft enough to leave the phones on or connected it would just be a case of guessing what time he gets arrested again or with a bit of luck miss pinot as miraculously it never seems to be her.
I'm glad you've found the strength to distance yourself as you can and turn the phones off mate . Tough to do but it comes down to necessary if you're going to keep sane .
A great line in the book I read lately read “do you drink because life is chaotic or is life chaotic because you drink?”.
Was an eye opener that.
If you think drinking it is chaotic try watching it sober for a few years . Tough on the sufferer , though on the carers. Here's to everyone who suffers one way or another .

Last edited:
I'm glad you've found the strength to distance yourself as you can and turn the phones off mate . Tough to do but it comes down to necessary if you're going to keep sane .

Well he gave our address as a bail address. After police called and he wasn't here I told him to change the bail address. Result. He hadn't worked out by bringing the daft bint with him he risked 12 months. He would be taken away in a police car and she would have to drive home half cut and get done so I suppose it was a win win situation for me like. Aye every dog has its day but they will learn the hard way if they give me any more grief. I suppose telling the police that I thought the conditions had been lifted which I foolishly believed were true didn't do me any favours when I said I have no idea where either of the alcoholic smackheads are but as long as they aren't here. Social distancing isn't easy when you can't stand up so they ain't coming here, although I don't think health and safety is top of the priorities if somebody is breaking bail if the police are right. Bail conditions 1 Coronavirus 0.

So sorry to hear this I lost mine last night. I've never felt pain like it. (Not alcoholism).

Love and wishes x
I lost mine in January and I totally agree, the pain was just dreadful. 3 months on and it`s still tough to believe that she`s gone. I hope you are OK and have plenty of love and support at this difficult time.
Tonight my mam of 47 years of age got rushed into hospital. I'm telling everyone on here right now, if you have anyone in your family or anyone close to you at all with problems with alcohol. Do what you can to help!! It's too late for me, but it might not be for you!!
Really sorry to hear this. I hope she pulls through and can turn her life around.

Last edited:
fingers crossed mate.
Mad how something so socially acceptable can be so devastating to some and so addictive.
Hope she is OK.
I love a drink btw I'm not judging anyone.
shit.
Sorry totally misread the original post.
Hope she is OK.

Sorry to hear this. I hope she pulls through and gets well again xx
Thanks becs will let everyone know soon. (attention seeking etc.)
Today would’ve been my sisters 33rd birthday. She passed away 8 months ago from an overdose.

It f***ing wrecks you.

Surround yourself with those you love.
One of the best things you could possibly say. 🙏

Love and wishes x
So sorry for your loss my friend, keep strong.
Its a sad and dark time for family and friends, but there is light if you all stick together and support each other. It's a bit of a taboo subject and people feel embarressed to admt it or deny it.

My thoughts are with you.

I really loved my mum when she passed away at 39, I was 19 and in the Army stationed in Cyprus. I have never got over losing her, but I have learned to live without her a bit more each day. Things do get better and time is a great healer.
I'm so grateful for this post. Hope you're dealing with everything well mate
My thoughts are with you. You local? Shout to the board if you need anything
Pallion, Sunderland. Sir.
That is so very sad. My love and thoughts go to youxxx

I hope your mam's ok and she pulls through this. Very sad stay positive that she will find the strength to get through this
Thank you sir. Me too fella, although maybe a bit late 🙏
Lost my brother to the drink a few month back, it's sad you know, he wasn't a bad bloke. Worked and drank his whole life, caught up with him eventually. I'm actually surprised my other brother hasn't gone the same way yet, he drinks heavy every day. If you go in Oddies on Hylton Rd, you'll know him, he's in there every day (Well, not atm like). Hopefully your mother is still with us and can pull through.
Used to frequent in oddies.

Last edited:

Back