Think I've lost my mam

Tonight my mam of 47 years of age got rushed into hospital. I'm telling everyone on here right now, if you have anyone in your family or anyone close to you at all with problems with alcohol. Do what you can to help!! It's too late for me, but it might not be for you!!
Been close to the edge with someone with that mate . It can and does turn round .
Keep hoping, try not to let it make you angry and never blame yourself .
Best of luck in this instance .

I never met my grandfather - he died in his early 50’s from cirrhosis of the liver. Didn’t think he had a problem with alcohol but drank 20 units a day. Hope your mam pulls through.

Hope she pulls through mate. It's so hard trying to help somebody with a drink problem because they often don't want to be helped until it is too late. Don't blame yourself.
So sorry to hear this I lost mine last night. I've never felt pain like it. (Not alcoholism).

I hope your mam can Get the best help and treatment to pull her through this..

Love and wishes x

Sorry for your loss.😢

Thank you very much, I'm a long time lurker and post very rarely but felt as though I should post that incase anyone is going through similar problems.
Its a sad and dark time for family and friends, but there is light if you all stick together and support each other. It's a bit of a taboo subject and people feel embarressed to admt it or deny it.
So sorry to hear this I lost mine last night. I've never felt pain like it. (Not alcoholism).

Love and wishes x
My thoughts are with you.

I really loved my mum when she passed away at 39, I was 19 and in the Army stationed in Cyprus. I have never got over losing her, but I have learned to live without her a bit more each day. Things do get better and time is a great healer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Love and wishes x
That is so very sad. My love and thoughts go to youxxx
Tonight my mam of 47 years of age got rushed into hospital. I'm telling everyone on here right now, if you have anyone in your family or anyone close to you at all with problems with alcohol. Do what you can to help!! It's too late for me, but it might not be for you!!
I hope your mam's ok and she pulls through this. Very sad stay positive that she will find the strength to get through this

Last edited:
It’s an awful addiction mate , you have my sympathy, I lost my wife (47) and my son lost his Mam at age 9 a few years back to it
Stay strong , hopefully a positive outcome

Back