Things you've done that you're ashamed of

I nicked plastic money from school in the juniors. I had a little Norman Wisdom type jacket for some strange reason....probably WRVS pick and mix from my mother. Anyway I stashed the plastic coins in my jacket pocket because I was told they worked in the crimdon arcade machines.
I didn't get the chance to find out because my mother picked up my jacket and found them.
I was made to look like I'd robbed a shop or something. I got a good old leather belt on my arse and took to school on the Monday morning, where I was to hand back the plastic coins.

Did I feel guilty or Ashamed? No I didn't....but I'll tell you what I do feel ashamed about after all this time.
In the same school but in the second year. I think I was about 8 ish...me and a mate took stockings to school with the intention of hiding in the toilet when school time was over...donning the stockings as masks (must've got it from the sweeney :eek:) and then we took great joy in smashing up the classroom.
We tore all the work off the walls and snapped balance scales. We smashed a few desks and chairs and what not. Made a right mess for the cleaners.

Reason: We got told off too regular by this teacher and decided it was revenge time.
The next day the teacher (looking all angry and irate....naturally) told us about the wreckage and said it was someone from this school but I hope it wasn't anyone from this class. "When we catch them they're in serious serious trouble because it's a police matter"... she said.
My arse was nipping and my mates but we managed to keep it together and nothing ever came of it.

I was basically a little git in some respects if I could get away with it but I still got leathered if I was caught.

Turned a robin reliant on to it's roof.

There was a few of us out on a bank holiday drinking session. We came out of the Mowbray after many shorts and headed towards the pub up the back lane (I forget?) We came across a clapped ouy flying triangle and started rocking it then we flipped it over.

Not all my own work, I'm no Geoff Capes.

I went to a school reunion and got talking to a lad who was always a bit different at school and as a result was bullied mercilessly. He did say how much he hated it and this was from a bloke in his late 50s so it obviously does affect people for their adult lives.

I know I used to occasionally join in some of the pisstaking but also did say to stop when it started to get a bit nasty. I asked him if I was one of the bullies and he reckoned in his opinion I was one who stood up for him so I’m kind of ashamed cos I know I still did take the piss, but a bit lightened, but definitely not absolved, by his recollection of my defence of him.
I think on balance you were on the side of good. I always hated people taking the piss in a nasty way. However, my stance on the said situation depended on who was saying it. I wasn't taking a beating for someone else.

Turned a robin reliant on to it's roof.

There was a few of us out on a bank holiday drinking session. We came out of the Mowbray after many shorts and headed towards the pub up the back lane (I forget?) We came across a clapped ouy flying triangle and started rocking it then we flipped it over.

Not all my own work, I'm no Geoff Capes.
Windsor Castle?

I was bullied unmercifully at school in the late 70s and early 80s. I can’t say if it made me the man I am now but it will have no doubt shaped me in some ways.
At the time bullying was considered a normal part of school life and not really challenged by teachers and I’m sure my school in Sunderland would not have had any policies in place to deal with it.
I’m not the biggest lad but I’m sure I can look after myself now but if ever meet the lad who bullied me I still don’t know how I’d react. Maybe he has pangs of regret. Maybe he posts in here?
Not much changed in the 80s and 90s. I've met some of my bullies. I was asked by my mate if I wanted to start summit but the old best revenge is living well came to mind.

Not much changed in the 80s and 90s. I've met some of my bullies. I was asked by my mate if I wanted to start summit but the old best revenge is living well came to mind.

Friend of my dad's had a son who did a lengthy sentence. Saw the boy who bullied him mercilessly in school on a night out. Never intended to get revenge but when the bully referred to him using the name he was bullied with he lost it, kneeling on the Lads shoulders unable to stop beating his head in. One had life changing injuries and the boy my dad knows went down for a considerable stretch. Living well is prob the better option.

When I was young, I found out that my English teacher had AIDS, so I would sit in the back of the class and cover my nose because I was afraid I would catch it by breathing in the air since he was talking. Grant it, this was during the big AIDS epidemic in the 80's and I was a snot-nosed brat who didn't know any better. Still feel ashamed of doing that when I think about it, though:oops:

Back