Things you thought were obsolete, but aren’t.

Make your own syrups. I’m the same I hate aspartame and can’t bare it. All I ever drink is the high juice from Aldi as it’s not been made into sugar free thing. I’ve made rhubarb cordial today and blackcurrant and liquorice. Sat having the later carbonated with vodka and it is very nice indeed. Got some good ideas for drinks so this will come in handy.
Aye I’ve made elderflower and they do a couple of syrups that are ok still - I buy the belvoir cordials or roses lime cordial too , pay a premium for the sugar only but worth it.

Aye I’ve made elderflower and they do a couple of syrups that are ok still - I buy the belvoir cordials or roses lime cordial too , pay a premium for the sugar only but worth it.
Yeah they’re expensive. Berries are £1 for 3 punnets in grainger market and my lasses brother grows fruit on his was allotment so I can pretty much make my stuff for free. It’s an enjoyable activity too so all in all very good.

Yeah they’re expensive. Berries are £1 for 3 punnets in grainger market and my lasses brother grows fruit on his was allotment so I can pretty much make my stuff for free. It’s an enjoyable activity too so all in all very good.

lush , it’s chutney season here - if something sits still too soon it ends up in jars

I hate cheques with a passion. The idea of having to go into a bank to pay it in is nothing but a pain. I you work 9-5 then when you can get to a bank it's shut. I've had a £15 cheque in my wallet for the last 6 months because it's not worth the hassle of going to a bank on a weekend.

Doe your online banking not allow you to do it? HSBC and Lloyd’s both do.

I don't. I don't like to use the microwave for baked taties, I like them in the oven with a very crisp skin. My spike is falling apart, so may actually look into buying a new one now I know they are still a 'thing'.
Use them for mash as well. Make a jacket potato and push the insides out and fold in butter. Hey presto mash with no flavour lost at all and the skin flavours the mash. Don’t know why everyone doesn’t make it that way.

I found a load of blank VHS tapes when my dad died last year and I was just going to bin them ( about 150 tapes) until someone told me they go for good money on eBay and when I looked I was amazed at the prices of old media! They all sold on a 1 day auction!

Back