Things you thought were obsolete, but aren’t.

Yeah I know. I’ve just bought one and I’m currently up to the eyes making rhubarb cordial for my girlfriend to have with tonight’s gin and tonics. Gonna hopefully have a go at black currant and liquorice afterwards too.
IMO this post is full of euphemisms. Black currant AND liquorice. Naughty AND nice.

Last edited:
Plastic tags on loaves of bread. They had them on the bread on holiday and I was telling the bairn about collecting them and putting them on your bike brake cables. She said the world must have been a strange place when I was little :eek: :lol:

I was drying my son's hair this morning when he finished in the bath.

'Dad, did they have hair dryers when you were small'?

I didn't half feel old.

I was drying my son's hair this morning when he finished in the bath.

'Dad, did they have hair dryers when you were small'?

I didn't half feel old.

I've had similar :lol:

It's when you go to museums and see stuff you had as exhibits when it sinks in that you're getting old :lol:

You're the same age as me. Did you go to
Westhill Primary (Aberdeenshire)
Westhill Academy (Aberdeenshire)
Cos neither did I. ;)
St. Mary’s, the old one at the bottom of Chester Road
St. Aidan’s
I've had similar :lol:

It's when you go to museums and see stuff you had as exhibits when it sinks in that you're getting old :lol:

Mrs C (no) has donated loads of stuff to a local farming museum. It’s a bit disconcerting when an exhibit is a bed that I’ve slept in.

Last edited:
Love our sofa stream , used daily but more limited now for the syrups as loads have artificial sugars - tend to just use for soda water
Make your own syrups. I’m the same I hate aspartame and can’t bare it. All I ever drink is the high juice from Aldi as it’s not been made into sugar free thing. I’ve made rhubarb cordial today and blackcurrant and liquorice. Sat having the later carbonated with vodka and it is very nice indeed. Got some good ideas for drinks so this will come in handy.

I still use cheques, mainly for birthday and Christmas presents. I also came across the Minitel when in France in the eighties on holiday, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

I hate cheques with a passion. The idea of having to go into a bank to pay it in is nothing but a pain. I you work 9-5 then when you can get to a bank it's shut. I've had a £15 cheque in my wallet for the last 6 months because it's not worth the hassle of going to a bank on a weekend.

Make your own syrups. I’m the same I hate aspartame and can’t bare it. All I ever drink is the high juice from Aldi as it’s not been made into sugar free thing. I’ve made rhubarb cordial today and blackcurrant and liquorice. Sat having the later carbonated with vodka and it is very nice indeed. Got some good ideas for drinks so this will come in handy.

There was a black currant and liquorice soft drink sometime in the early 90’s.

Wasn’t the best although I do like the sweets.

There was a black currant and liquorice soft drink sometime in the early 90’s.

Wasn’t the best although I do like the sweets.
It’s very nice actually this. I wouldn’t have it with decent drink as it’ll overpower it. I’ve just knocked one up with B&L cordial, soda water, ouzo and put liquorice salt around the rim of the glass and I think I’ve just invented the greatest cocktail ever 😳

Back