Things that just downright baffle you?

The chip and vinegar thing

most people love some vinegar on their chips. But no one, perverts aside, put vinegar on fries. We just don’t. We’ve never even considered that fact, or why (it’s something to do with vinegar/surface area quotients according to my research), instinctively we just don’t.

it’s mad

Always amazes me when I'm out 7-8am and see Deliveroo and Just Eat riders whizzing about. Assume it's McDonalds and the like. Maybe some of it's people coming off shift having their 'tea', because I always think the middle of the Venn diagram between 'people who get McDonalds delivered for breakfast' and 'people who are likely to be awake at 7:30am' is pretty small.

I was at the McDonalds on the Bath Rd at Heathrow at 11pm last Sunday night - I had just landed, I was starving, it was 2 hour drive home and there was nowhere else open - the sort of food emergency that McD's is ideal for - but it was amazing how busy they were packing up orders for Deliveroo orders. Perhaps people stopping in the nearby hotels.

Lasses in their 20's and 30's getting pumped full of fillers and botox.
Yeah I don't get this all all, lass at work was quite bonny a few years ago, she now looks like a gypo that's been punched in the mouth a few times
Always amazes me when I'm out 7-8am and see Deliveroo and Just Eat riders whizzing about. Assume it's McDonalds and the like. Maybe some of it's people coming off shift having their 'tea', because I always think the middle of the Venn diagram between 'people who get McDonalds delivered for breakfast' and 'people who are likely to be awake at 7:30am' is pretty small.

It's amazing how hungry I am from about half five in the morning until I go to bed when on night shifts. Still wouldn't go near a friggin McDonald's though. Toby carvery in-between where I work and home do an eat all you can buffet that's come in handy once or twice heading home though.

Last edited:
The chip and vinegar thing

most people love some vinegar on their chips. But no one, perverts aside, put vinegar on fries. We just don’t. We’ve never even considered that fact, or why (it’s something to do with vinegar/surface area quotients according to my research), instinctively we just don’t.

it’s mad
What’s the difference? I thought chips were fries.

Grown men (mid/late 20s onwards) who play video games regularly.

People who are obsessed with the new Tim Hortons at the Galleries at Washington and swear by getting their breakfast there at least 1/2 mornings a week, the drive through and car park filled with zombies choking up the place waiting up to half an hour just to get something that is covered in so much grease I'd feel bad giving it to a dog. You could make the same **** at home for a fraction of the price man ffs.

People who complain about the price of a pint down south/London costing £5 then proceed to buy a pint at a local place for £5 a few weeks later.

People who say they'll never drink at spoons again, then are there a few weeks later.

People who go around in circles arguing on the politics board here/people who argue about politics on any online site and expect to win an argument.

Back