Things that just downright baffle you?

It’s a right mood lifter. Love a service station coffee when driving, turns me from a right grumpy bellend, to a chirpy bellend
Can't say any coffee has ever had any effect on me
Small large black white
Don't mind the odd cup but it's just a hot drink

Maybe they were disabled
Maybe they had covid
Maybe they wanted it for later and didn't want to go out after having a bath and getting into their jim jams
Maybe it was someone ordering it for someone else
Maybe they were lazy bastards.

Maybe I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I love you

Hang on...

Couples who get engaged for show and never actually have intention of marrying. I know of two couples who have been engaged for nearly 10 years now, not a wedding ever planned between them.

People who do not like dogs (exception if they had bad experience with one as a kid)

People who take their dogs to the pub /restaurant. Why?

Ppl who like American football when they're from england.

Ppl who put their Christmas trees up in November.

Anymore?.

Why the fuck would where you come from matter in whether you like a sport? It baffles me that it baffles you.

I bring my dog to dog friendly pubs because they are dog friendly. And it's usually at the end of a walk. He sits on the floor and won't lick your pint or your chicken in a basket. And he's probably cleaner than yow.

I have refused all attempts to put up the Xmas decs before December 1st.
Couples who get engaged for show and never actually have intention of marrying. I know of two couples who have been engaged for nearly 10 years now, not a wedding ever planned between them.

People who do not like dogs (exception if they had bad experience with one as a kid)
People over the age of 21 who have engagement parties (with the expectation of a present).

I was at the McDonalds on the Bath Rd at Heathrow at 11pm last Sunday night - I had just landed, I was starving, it was 2 hour drive home and there was nowhere else open - the sort of food emergency that McD's is ideal for - but it was amazing how busy they were packing up orders for Deliveroo orders. Perhaps people stopping in the nearby hotels.

Lazy parents ordering instead of making their bairns meals.

This has always baffled me too. Not only what the attraction is for adults but also how they find the time.

Me too, it's not even the aged 40 still living with parents types either....know a few with a lass and kids who sit there for hours on games almost daily after work on an evening, no idea how that works with no repercussions but hey each to their own etc etc.

Grown men (mid/late 20s onwards) who play video games regularly.

People who are obsessed with the new Tim Hortons at the Galleries at Washington and swear by getting their breakfast there at least 1/2 mornings a week, the drive through and car park filled with zombies choking up the place waiting up to half an hour just to get something that is covered in so much grease I'd feel bad giving it to a dog. You could make the same **** at home for a fraction of the price man ffs.

People who complain about the price of a pint down south/London costing £5 then proceed to buy a pint at a local place for £5 a few weeks later.

People who say they'll never drink at spoons again, then are there a few weeks later.

People who go around in circles arguing on the politics board here/people who argue about politics on any online site and expect to win an argument.
If you’re baffled by people playing video games, then are you also baffled by people playing any other games, such as snooker, darts, doms, poker etc? As it’s the same thing.
This has always baffled me too. Not only what the attraction is for adults but also how they find the time.
Do you sit and watch telly at any point of an evening? Then you could be gaming.

If you want an explanation, for me, a good video game is like a good book. Take Red Dead Redemption 2, for example, which my wife got me for Christmas last year. The main storyline was superb, and the acting in cutscenes and what have you - and it was acting, they linked the actors faces to a machine, was tremendous. If it was a film, it would have cleaned up at the Oscars. What made it better than a film was that it came with a vibrant, realistic open world where I was free to do what I wanted - rob a train, hunt some animals to make into improved equipment, go and play blackjack - and the immersive experience was brilliant to get me through lockdown.

I play quite a lot of multiplayer games with my Dad too, and it's been a good way for us to spend time together.

Finding the time is a couple of hours when the bairn is in bed.

People getting takeaways delivered
Live 5 mins away but will wait 1hr 20 mins for it to be delivered

once in fulwell tandoori
Someone rang an order for it to be delivered
Read out address
They lived two doors up from junction of primrose crescent
50 yards away
Could have kids who are about to go to bed, or similar reason why they can't leave the house. Are they not allowed a takeaway like?

My first ever shift at Unipres, first time I'd been up that early in ages. Made a nice strong coffee in my thermos and sparked a rolly up.

Nearly binned the car trying to get home to the loo.

I didn’t realise there was a connection for a while and kept taking a flask to work and then having bad growling guts all day.

Tried one day without the flask and just water - no problems.

So now I try and have a tactical coffee before work to clear the guttering beforehand.

Back