Things non-gamers don’t understand about gamers

Serious question mate please don't take any offence by it as non meant.

How old are you and do you have a lass?

42, and yes, we've been together a little over 2 years. I have no kids but she has one, a six year-old.

So has @fyl2u been fishing in real life then?

Yes. I used to go fishing off the pier in Seaham catching literally nothing, once off the dock (caught 1 eel), a handful of times off boats when on holiday (caught loads of mackerel and a couple of one-off fish I couldn't even name), and loads of times in rivers and lakes catching the odd little trout, a fair amount of minnows, one small barbel and very little else.

I've never caught a fish in real life that gave me a fight.

What does your lass say about all the thousands of hours you spend playing games? Do you have kids?

She's absolutely fine with it. And no I have no kids but she does.

Why bother?

Freeze your tits off by the North sea catching fuck all or catch sharks in your living room in your underpants?

:lol: Exactly!

You're right though, ultimately you're forgotten unless you do something massive. Quite depressing really.

One day the universe will literally tear itself apart and all human endeavour will be lost.

Literally everything is pointless, even the massive.

Last edited:

[QUOTE="Frijj, post: 26286090, member: 30179"]I feel sorry for the 40+ generation like. A lot seem to have missed out on video games. They don’t know anything about them and just have a whinge about them.

A lass once beat my mate at Pro Evo like. Glorious moment...[/QUOTE]

68yrs young here, played Jet Set Willie and Manic Miner on my 48K Spectrum in the 1980's, now playing The Elder Scrolls Skyrim after playing Arena, Daggerfall,Morrowind and Oblivion on PC.Not so much a misspent youth more a misspent retirement.:)

I love it on cod when you put your headphones and they run round like there wearing clogs and get MAD at you.

lot of anger in that game. some people shouldn't be playing its just fun.

A man has been killed over a $2 Call of Duty wager match, after the two participants decided to swat one another and ultimately involve an innocent stranger who was subsequently killed by Kansas police
Read more at http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/361425-man-killed-2-call-duty-wager-match#LeXVlz95E1ILl2t6.99

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/361425-man-killed-2-call-duty-wager-match

In response to the thread title: everything

I never played a game I wasn’t bored with in 10 minutes. And that includes all 3 or 4 of them that I’ve actually played. :)

However: each to their own. Have at it. Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it on cod when you put your headphones and they run round like there wearing clogs and get MAD at you.

lot of anger in that game. some people shouldn't be playing its just fun.

A man has been killed over a $2 Call of Duty wager match, after the two participants decided to swat one another and ultimately involve an innocent stranger who was subsequently killed by Kansas police
Read more at http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/361425-man-killed-2-call-duty-wager-match#LeXVlz95E1ILl2t6.99

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/361425-man-killed-2-call-duty-wager-match
Bunch of weirdos.

I’ve knocked 324 hours into PUBG, i’m currently in the top 0.69% players of circa PC 24,000,000. I won’t stop until i’m top 0.10%

Just read that thread on the bloke being killed cos of some arguement between a couple of virgins. I didn't understand much of it, other than I know what call of duty is and I know what a dead person is. I don't know what this swatting is(revising for an exam maybe?) or how a person gets actually killed as a result of a computer game.
Just to clarify though, I quite enjoy playing on the bairns wii with him, mariokart, Mario and donkey Kong are as good as they've always been.

Just read that thread on the bloke being killed cos of some arguement between a couple of virgins. I didn't understand much of it, other than I know what call of duty is and I know what a dead person is. I don't know what this swatting is(revising for an exam maybe?) or how a person gets actually killed as a result of a computer game.
Just to clarify though, I quite enjoy playing on the bairns wii with him, mariokart, Mario and donkey Kong are as good as they've always been.
Swatting is where someone reports a firearm incident and the police send the swat team..

Always find it hypocritical when people try telling you there is an issue playing games then they sit on their arse and watch the tele thinking it's somehow better.
I do neither but I'm sure my hobbies would be frowned upon as boring by those that sit on a couch. I'm fine with that, each to their own pleasures. :)

Last edited:
In response to the thread title: everything
I never played a game I wasn’t bored with in 10 minutes. And that includes all 3 or 4 of them that I’ve actually played. :)
In fairness, most of the best games I've ever played were a bit of a bore to get into. Learning how the game works, and what the actual game is about can sometimes take hours.

In fairness, most of the best games I've ever played were a bit of a bore to get into. Learning how the game works, and what the actual game is about can sometimes take hours.

sentence too long. didn't read

Back