Things non-gamers don’t understand about gamers

Is this Nintendo Switch thingy worth getting.

Speaking as a non gamer here.

its what games it has coming this year I'm waiting on before getting one. not arsed with more wii u ports

We can all agree that the first year for the Nintendo Switch has been nothing short of fantastic. Over the past nine months that the new hybrid console has been out, not only have we received a brand new Zelda title, but we also got a new 3D Mario game, a huge sequel to Splatoon, the launch of a brand new IP (ARMS), Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and much, much more. The only bad thing that might come out of 2018 for the Big N is simply the fact there just might not be that many big games to release on the Switch, since it seems that Nintendo has exhausted their biggest franchises in the first few months. Will Nintendo make sure that the coming year is another strong one for the console? Or will the Switch suffer from a lack of big AAA titles

http://twinfinite.net/2017/12/pitfalls-nintendo-needs-to-look-out-for-2018/

its what games it has coming this year I'm waiting on before getting one. not arsed with more wii u ports

We can all agree that the first year for the Nintendo Switch has been nothing short of fantastic. Over the past nine months that the new hybrid console has been out, not only have we received a brand new Zelda title, but we also got a new 3D Mario game, a huge sequel to Splatoon, the launch of a brand new IP (ARMS), Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and much, much more. The only bad thing that might come out of 2018 for the Big N is simply the fact there just might not be that many big games to release on the Switch, since it seems that Nintendo has exhausted their biggest franchises in the first few months. Will Nintendo make sure that the coming year is another strong one for the console? Or will the Switch suffer from a lack of big AAA titles

http://twinfinite.net/2017/12/pitfalls-nintendo-needs-to-look-out-for-2018/
Bayonetta 3 is a massive boost for the switch, ive got 1&2 preordered.

Bayonetta 3 is a massive boost for the switch, ive got 1&2 preordered.

I waiting now, its been hacked :eek::eek::p you get the free games flooding the net and its game over.

http://www.techradar.com/news/ninte...&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer-trfb

The Nintendo Switch, this Christmas's most sought-after present, has been hacked, paving the way for installations of unofficial "homebrew" software – and potentially even pirated games.

A recent hacking conference in Germany saw a team of tinkerers take advantage of a quirk of the console's off-the-shelf Nvidia Tegra chip, allowing them to use a feature that Nvidia's own engineers and developers use to access deep-level functions of the chipset not usually accessible to the public

Like 40 odd year old men pissing all of their money against the Pub wall and beating their wives.....that's what real men do??

:lol: no but there’s miles of countryside to go biking, running, walking. Beautiful golf courses in the region. Instruments to learn. Brilliant books to read. I just don’t understand people who spend their life in front of a computer game. I can see the appeal to fill in an hour here or there but it’s what some people do all of the time. I just don’t get it.

:lol: no but there’s miles of countryside to go biking, running, walking. Beautiful golf courses in the region. Instruments to learn. Brilliant books to read. I just don’t understand people who spend their life in front of a computer game. I can see the appeal to fill in an hour here or there but it’s what some people do all of the time. I just don’t get it.
You don't have to do it all the time.

Also, golf!? :lol:

You don't have to do it all the time.

Also, golf!? :lol:

Yes. Exercise. Meet real life people in real life. Great social scene. I have had some great trips abroad. It’s rock hard and gives you goals to work towards. Give me that over blasting some lizard man or prattling on to some little twat on cod.

We all have our own things that we zone out to and chill out to, some its music, some its a book, some its a video game others its the gym. Why does it matter? , why cant people just do what makes them happy in life

I personally cant understand anyone wanting to go hiking in the freezing cold in the middle of a sodden boggy field or anyone that goes to the gym at 5am before a shift but each to their own

What you described also is out of reach of some people due to health or disability issues so not always obtainable

We all have our own things that we zone out to and chill out to, some its music, some its a book, some its a video game others its the gym. Why does it matter? , why cant people just do what makes them happy in life

I personally cant understand anyone wanting to go hiking in the freezing cold in the middle of a sodden boggy field or anyone that goes to the gym at 5am before a shift but each to their own

What you described also is out of reach of some people due to health or disability issues so not always obtainable

It doesn’t matter. I just said I didn’t get it. Which effectively is what you have said back to me.

I waiting now, its been hacked :eek::eek::p you get the free games flooding the net and its game over.

http://www.techradar.com/news/ninte...&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer-trfb

The Nintendo Switch, this Christmas's most sought-after present, has been hacked, paving the way for installations of unofficial "homebrew" software – and potentially even pirated games.

A recent hacking conference in Germany saw a team of tinkerers take advantage of a quirk of the console's off-the-shelf Nvidia Tegra chip, allowing them to use a feature that Nvidia's own engineers and developers use to access deep-level functions of the chipset not usually accessible to the public
Wont they just update it with a patch To block pirate games?

You were doing well until you mentioned golf and instruments

Its fine that you dont get it like, bit daft to pity what you dont understand though.

That given a gaming platform and an infinite supply of games, gamers could be happily entertained for the rest of their lives.
You’d still need to get out the house and down the pub of course, but your actual in-house entertainment would be sorted.

Mentioned this at work during a retiring early discussion and the workaholics were open mouthed at the very idea.
But...but...wouldn’t you get bored???

Well I haven’t for the last 37 years.
Imagine it's 1983 and simply owning a computer makes you a geeky outcast that people hate and can't relate to.
Roll forward 30+ years and computers and consoles are everywhere yet part of that sigma still exists.
Somehow wanting to play a game on an evening is something a child does in many people's eyes, EVEN to those who own gaming systems.
It seems it was never about owning a computer or video game system, it was about wanting to point a finger at others and feel socially more accepted.
Fuck me, what a tangential rant :lol:

Back