Things non-gamers don’t understand about gamers

Dave Herbal

Striker
That given a gaming platform and an infinite supply of games, gamers could be happily entertained for the rest of their lives.
You’d still need to get out the house and down the pub of course, but your actual in-house entertainment would be sorted.

Mentioned this at work during a retiring early discussion and the workaholics were open mouthed at the very idea.
But...but...wouldn’t you get bored???

Well I haven’t for the last 37 years.

That given a gaming platform and an infinite supply of games, gamers could be happily entertained for the rest of their lives.
You’d still need to get out the house and down the pub of course, but your actual in-house entertainment would be sorted.

Mentioned this at work during a retiring early discussion and the workaholics were open mouthed at the very idea.

I've spent 27 out of my 31 years playing Rollercoaster Tycoon and Theme Hospital like.

You're right I don't understand. I'm not knocking cause everyone's different but the only game I ever play is Mariokart with the kids and I'm bored after 2 races.

He has still got a bird, he irrelevantly dropped it into another thread a couple of days ago
I’ve had a bird for over a year man. Keep up.

Notice there is mention of the gamers going to the pub but not of bucking birds, surprising that!
They buck gamer birds

I pity Anyone who hasn't discovered there is so much more to life than playing computer games all the time.
We aren’t saying there isn’t. We’re saying it’s something you can do forever without getting bored.

Last edited:
I’ve had a bird for over a year man. Keep up.

They buck gamer birds

We aren’t saying there isn’t. We’re saying it’s something you can do forever without getting bored.

I know you have hence my use of the word still. Everyone on here knows you have a bird because as I said you manage to irrelevantly drop it into a post once every week or so just to try and convince us your life isn't the clusterfuck we all think it is from what you iften shate with us.

I know you have hence my use of the word still. Everyone on here knows you have a bird because as I said you manage to irrelevantly drop it into a post once every week or so just to try and convince us your life isn't the clusterfuck we all think it is from what you iften shate with us.
Any need for that like.

Back