The Witcher 3

Just an update...

Im absolutly loving this now, level 18 I think.

Mainly hammered side quests and witcher contracts.

anyone got any advise on the best swords to use? should I be looking at the ones you can add the stones too? or just going for the biggest attack? I did the witcher Treasure chest- so ive got both of those swords atm.
Higher attack is better although sometimes a lower attack weapon will have an effect thst makes it more worthwhile using than a lower attack one, Witcher Gear swords are the best though, they combine with Witcher armour which gives boosts depending on the kind of gear you have on.

I've tried a couple of times to get into this but it just hasnt hit home. I recently platinumed Elden Ring, which took a while for me to get into and I had a mate who guided me through the first few hours until I grasped wtf I was meant to do.

Is the witcher as obtuse and hard to get to grips with, if I liked Elden Ring should I like this? Will probable give it another go when the PS5 upgrade comes out.

I've tried a couple of times to get into this but it just hasnt hit home. I recently platinumed Elden Ring, which took a while for me to get into and I had a mate who guided me through the first few hours until I grasped wtf I was meant to do.
Is the witcher as obtuse and hard to get to grips with, if I liked Elden Ring should I like this? Will probable give it another go when the PS5 upgrade comes out.

Witcher is no where near the levels for From Software titles in terms of obtuseness.

FWIW, I don’t like any other their games but loved Witcher 3.

Witcher is no where near the levels for From Software titles in terms of obtuseness.

FWIW, I don’t like any other their games but loved Witcher 3.
Fucks garn on with your quotes marra?

Just an update...

Im absolutly loving this now, level 18 I think.

Mainly hammered side quests and witcher contracts.

anyone got any advise on the best swords to use? should I be looking at the ones you can add the stones too? or just going for the biggest attack? I did the witcher Treasure chest- so ive got both of those swords atm.
From memory it didn't really matter what you use as it all works to get you to the end. Using the stuff on the end of the swords helps against certain enemies I remember.

It took me about 10 hours to start loving it, sorta the time it takes to get out of the first area. Some of the side stuff and funny bits onwards made the game next level. Main story is canny too.

Last edited:

The first hour isn't great, the story takes an hour or two before you'll know wtf is going on, and at first just the walking controls feel weird. I never played 1 or 2 so bounced off it a few times. I think a lot of players do.

On my 3rd attempt I kept at it. Now it's in my top 5 games ever. It's worth the effort.

The first hour isn't great, the story takes an hour or two before you'll know wtf is going on, and at first just the walking controls feel weird. I never played 1 or 2 so bounced off it a few times. I think a lot of players do.

On my 3rd attempt I kept at it. Now it's in my top 5 games ever. It's worth the effort.
Cheers. I’ll definite giving it another go when the ps5 version comes out. I’m a bit more open to RPGs now than I would’ve been pre Elden ring. Just didn’t think they were for me. Although I won’t lie. The lack of dialogue in Elden ring didn’t bother me at all!

Similiar story here.

Really enjoying it now still never been to skellige, looking forward to the DLC after also.

Blood and Wine is one of the best DLC I’ve ever played and Hearts of Stone features one of the best antagonists in recent memory for me.

Both are fantastic additions.
i played both ages after playing the main campaign and only got through Heart of Stone before sacking it off. Looking forward to starting again when the next gen update comes out

i played both ages after playing the main campaign and only got through Heart of Stone before sacking it off. Looking forward to starting again when the next gen update comes out
Blood and Wine has that much content it could be a full on game itself as opposed to a DLC. Sure you’ll love both of them but I’d definitely do Hearts of Stone first.

I think the penny dropped for me during the first proper story quest you do for the Bloody Baron, and then when you return to Crookback Bog a few times. The cutscene conversations you have with him, and the level of voice acting are A+. I usually skip cutscenes but I sat and watched them like watching a good film. Then the music and atmosphere of Crookback... it still haunts my dreams. I hated going back there. Proper creepy vibe. All round a great little story to kick the game off.

By the time I finished that quest I knew I'd be putting 100+ hours in.

I think the penny dropped for me during the first proper story quest you do for the Bloody Baron, and then when you return to Crookback Bog a few times. The cutscene conversations you have with him, and the level of voice acting are A+. I usually skip cutscenes but I sat and watched them like watching a good film. Then the music and atmosphere of Crookback... it still haunts my dreams. I hated going back there. Proper creepy vibe. All round a great little story to kick the game off.

By the time I finished that quest I knew I'd be putting 100+ hours in.
The Baron and Ciri scenes are quality.

Bloody Barron was a great quest, only spoiled by having to run through the full garrison each time to each the mission.................first world problems
Yeah, that was an absolute pain. Could you not barge through on Roach though?
iI didn’t believe the tree, so the kids died in the bog for me :(
Nah, them kids were annoying as shit. Get them gone.

Back