The Witcher 3

I tried this when I first got my PS4 but I couldnt get into it. However I want to give it another go, I take it that its worth it for the game of the year edition, its 18 quid in CEX.

I tried this when I first got my PS4 but I couldnt get into it. However I want to give it another go, I take it that its worth it for the game of the year edition, its 18 quid in CEX.

£10.49 on ps store

Sick of being told I will love this.

Third time Lucky- About 6-8 hours in..

Just got to Velen, about to start the Bloody Baron quests (which Ive done before about 4 year ago) F*cked up the Griffin and wearwolf so far. Got destroyed by the shreiker (sp)

Any tips fellas? appreciate I'm bumping an old AF thread like.

Knock the difficulty down if you're struggling, the bestiary to see it's weakness and use potions, use Quen, it give you 1 free hit taken and if you get the alternate fire mode it creates a shield that heals you with each hit until your stamina is depleted.

I want to love this. I know if I had any sort of serious time I probably would but it just sounds too big! I get an hour or two tops on the Playstation and even that's sporadic. It sounds like that at that rate I'd need the next 10 years to complete it.

Just got to Velen, about to start the Bloody Baron quests (which Ive done before about 4 year ago) F*cked up the Griffin and wearwolf so far. Got destroyed by the shreiker (sp)

Go to as many ? Marks on the map as you can as you will find loads of useful gear as well as levelling up. Run away if enemies have the red skulls above their head as they will nack you.

Knock the difficulty down if you're struggling, the bestiary to see it's weakness and use potions, use Quen, it give you 1 free hit taken and if you get the alternate fire mode it creates a shield that heals you with each hit until your stamina is depleted.
Thanks mate, TBH I've been flicking through.. but some of the beasts aren't on pre fight- Assuming I have to encounter one first?

Im also not clued up with potions, oil etc yet... But again assuming that's pretty important also?
Go to as many ? Marks on the map as you can as you will find loads of useful gear as well as levelling up. Run away if enemies have the red skulls above their head as they will nack you.
Cheers mate, Ive got a fair few on there actually.

went to one last night actually and it was a troll underground scrounging for food :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks mate, TBH I've been flicking through.. but some of the beasts aren't on pre fight- Assuming I have to encounter one first?

Im also not clued up with potions, oil etc yet... But again assuming that's pretty important also?

Cheers mate, Ive got a fair few on there actually.

went to one last night actually and it was a troll underground scrounging for food :lol:
Potions and Oil aren't too important on lower difficulties but they defo help.

Sometimes if it's to do with a quest they'll be on the bestiary before an encounter.

And as DiMarzio said, red skull enemies will fuck you up no matter what difficulty unless you're amazing at the game.

When trekking about Velen looking at the ? points you’ll eventually start up scavenger hunt quests, the griffin school gear and eventually the cat school gear should help you if you find enemies are a bit too tough.

The Witcher gear is better than any other gear in the game I’ve found.

When trekking about Velen looking at the ? points you’ll eventually start up scavenger hunt quests, the griffin school gear and eventually the cat school gear should help you if you find enemies are a bit too tough.

The Witcher gear is better than any other gear in the game I’ve found.
It is the beast gear in the game until the out level it which takes hundreds of hours.

Wolven is my go to but I try to mix them up for each region I'm in such as wearing the Bear/Ursine gear when in Skellige
Also a good piece of armour. I’m more suited to fast attacks than signs so really the Cat gear should suit me but can’t get away with it aesthetically.

Just an update...

Im absolutly loving this now, level 18 I think.

Mainly hammered side quests and witcher contracts.

anyone got any advise on the best swords to use? should I be looking at the ones you can add the stones too? or just going for the biggest attack? I did the witcher Treasure chest- so ive got both of those swords atm.

Back