The Wire

A
:lol: - there's some criminals, lets set up a wire tap, yes, completely different.

"Safe zones" ?

This was a drug village, name me a drug village and I don't mean a council estate that has been abandoned by the police but a drug village set up by the police.

It was a stupid story line but they couldn't go for - "there's some criminals lets set up a wire tap" for a third time could they :eek: ??

I can see it's a very popular program and highly rated but I just couldn't get away with it, I found season 1 good, then quickly poor, how many times can you dress up the same cliche.
Aye Godfather 2 was shite like, just more gangsters like Godfather 1, why didn't they throw in some time travel?

I don't think that is true. Season 1 is the weakest season of the Sopranos and is a middling season out of the 5 in the Wire.
The Shield is another one. Despite the first episode being absolutely essential to the ending, it's the weakest series of the lot by a mile.

The Shield is another one. Despite the first episode being absolutely essential to the ending, it's the weakest series of the lot by a mile.
100% - it's a bit cartoonish in the first season but turns into a quality drama over time. I think the seasons with Forest Whittaker and then Glenn Close are the best ones. And the final season is excellent.

Absolutely loved it. Still use the catchphrases today when I can.

I think my faves were
1) Omar
2) marlo
3) Chris partlow

Thought the one with the fake serial killer was a bit daft, the rest were great.

Money ain’t got no owners , only spenders.

Also , Pembele looks like Avon Barksdale innit.
Not as much as Marlo looks like Ashley Young

Didn't know until recently that the real Omar was in it
Who was the real Omar? I know the bloke who was the Deacon was a major drug trafficker, and Detective Norris was a former mayor of Baltimore. Also there are a couple of supporting roles played by murder detectives from the Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets book, and I think Brother Mouzone's bodyguard was played by the main lad from the book of The Corner.

Who was the real Omar? I know the bloke who was the Deacon was a major drug trafficker, and Detective Norris was a former mayor of Baltimore. Also there are a couple of supporting roles played by murder detectives from the Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets book, and I think Brother Mouzone's bodyguard was played by the main lad from the book of The Corner.

:lol: - there's some criminals, lets set up a wire tap, yes, completely different.

"Safe zones" ?

This was a drug village, name me a drug village and I don't mean a council estate that has been abandoned by the police but a drug village set up by the police.

It was a stupid story line but they couldn't go for - "there's some criminals lets set up a wire tap" for a third time could they :eek: ??

I can see it's a very popular program and highly rated but I just couldn't get away with it, I found season 1 good, then quickly poor, how many times can you dress up the same cliche.

I don't know how that makes it a less dumb storyline.
Errrh it’s called The Wire btw.

Back