The Wire

Once you get used to those Baltimore accents...

Great show. One of the best. Some fantastic actors, great characters - Omar, McNulty Stringer Bell. for example..and as relevant as today's headlines.

The first episode is tough though, just to understand what is being said at times..watch with subtitles if need be.

Tried it a while ago and the Mrs hated it and won't try it again. Normally we like the same things.

Going to have to find some time to get this watched. Only got through the majority of the first season.

I stopped watching half way through series 2 but I'm tempted to pick it back up. Definitely a slower pace than a lot of shows these days but not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm going to have to pick it back up as well.

The Mrs' issue was she didn't like or relate to any of the characters so didn't give a toss what happened.

Excellent well written series actually now think it's slightly better than the sopranos, The range of supporting characters in the Wire are brilliantly portrayed. Two of the top me head stand out
Cutty and Bill Rawls could have had there own stand alone series based on there back stories in my humble opinion.

Back