The wasting of the Amad opportunity

CARLOS CLASS

Striker
I’m sure we all recall the story of how he was beaming in the final meeting before he left and how much he had not developed and enjoyed his time with us.
It was made clear that this was the biggest sign yet that the leading clubs in England would entrust Sunderland before others with their very best rising stars

So of all the young talent available the decision was made to target Mason Burstow

Anyone involved in that decision should be thrown in the river wear with concrete wellies on

I would love someone to explain to me the process and logic involved

I’m sure we all recall the story of how he was beaming in the final meeting before he left and how much he had not developed and enjoyed his time with us.
It was made clear that this was the biggest sign yet that the leading clubs in England would entrust Sunderland before others with their very best rising stars

So of all the young talent available the decision was made to target Mason Burstow

Anyone involved in that decision should be thrown in the river wear with concrete wellies on

Hit and hope strategy dressed up as some clever intelligent data driven strategy.

Its a load of shite. As proven by the umpteen below average signings made since we got promoted

Mason himself suggested it was Tony's.

Did we really do that much to develop him or is he just a brilliant player at this level and needed the opportunity to play every week?

Michut and Gelhardt didn’t exactly set the world alight under the same management.

I honestly don’t think clubs would be desperate to throw players at us just because of how good Amad was

Hit and hope strategy dressed up as some clever intelligent data driven strategy.

Its a load of shite. As proven by the umpteen below average signings made since we got promoted
This couldn’t be more obvious like
Did we really do that much to develop him or is he just a brilliant player at this level and needed the opportunity to play every week?

Michut and Gelhardt didn’t exactly set the world alight under the same management.

I honestly don’t think clubs would be desperate to throw players at us just because of how good Amad was
I agree with this. I’ve said loads of times on here we are signing all these young players and our coaching staff seemingly have absolutely no idea on how to improve them

Must think they’re playing footy manager where if you give a young kid plenty minutes they’ll automatically become class

Last edited:

It probably helped convince the Bellinghams. I think that's all they were bothered about.

You win some, you lose some
Yup that’s how young loans work. On paper and in academy matches two kids could look just as good as each other. It’s only by taking the chance of putting them into a Championship men’s team that you see which can cut it and which can’t. There’s always an element of luck as to whether these loans turn out good or not.

This couldn’t be more obvious like

I agree with this. I’ve said loads of times on here we are signing all these young players and our coaching staff seemingly have absolutely no idea on how to improve them

Must think they’re playing footy manager where if you give a young kid plenty minutes they’ll automatically become class

Abdoullah Ba is a very highly rated wonderkid on football manager this season as is Jude Bellingham and they both get lots of minutes so I think that is literally what they're doing.

By all accounts (Mowbray) Stansfield was pretty much in before he changed his mind and went to Birmingham. Why didn't he look at how Amad did and decide go come here?

Yeah the second bit - if he played every week for Man United they’d have world beater on their hands. They don’t seem to have a f***ing clue about it anarl!

He works hard, tracks back, he’s fantastic on the ball, wand of a left peg. He’s got the lot and they won’t pick him. Mental.

Yup that’s how young loans work. On paper and in academy matches two kids could look just as good as each other. It’s only by taking the chance of putting them into a Championship men’s team that you see which can cut it and which can’t. There’s always an element of luck as to whether these loans turn out good or not.
Exactly. Amad failed elsewhere but looked great after a while here. Ellis Simms didn't look great here but it's now clicked at Coventry.

There's a massive element of luck to it all.

Back