The UK net zero carbon emissions thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
No idea what you're on about. You said it wasn't simple and I suggested it was. If you want to elaborate on why it's not simple I'll give you a more comprehensive answer.

Did you realise that livestock farting and belching causes more climate change gases than the aviation industry? I'd have thought that would be easier to tackle with genetic modifications.

There are a number of things that could be done about both fuel emissions and cattle emissions, such as a change in our diet. You have pinpointed a big challenge in how to get people to change behaviour. Some of the things that you recommend could help, as others have said we need governments to provide structure and investment to things that individuals can't do by themselves.

One thing we really need to do (and I'm not accusing you of this at all) is crack down on this f***ing attitude that some people have that if you say anything about fixing the environment you're a cvnt, if a child decides to do something about it all the f***ing pricks in the right wing press pile in and try to discredit everything about her, where alt.right cvnts who are so desperate to follow their little death cult they attack every principle of science and intelligence that we rely on to function as a society, and all these petty little cvnts who go 'yeah but some things you do have an impact on the environment and you're not perfect so fuck you, and fuck the environment, and fuck any proposals to try and improve things because I'm just a big spoilt f***ing baby and don't want to change so I'm going to pretend the head of an oil company is the person to listen to about climate change and energy not the 98% of the world's scientists who have data to prove their position and the only reason it's not 100% is because 2% of the scientific community is happy to take money from evil cvnts and watch the world literally f***ing burn.'

once we become the 51st state,5 litre chevvys will be common on our roads after agent orange gives us phonomenal deal to buy them,the UK wont be interested in low emissions,we are bigger and better than those EU do gooders,watch us grow while the EU implodes 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🦃

plenty of teenage mothers around burning up what little money the country has,tax rises will sharp cure that though,unless of coarse we just keep adding to the deficit and waiting for the german car industry IMF to come to our rescue 😃 🦃 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
I'll ask again any evidence of this or just your own prejudices again?

Last edited:
There are a number of things that could be done about both fuel emissions and cattle emissions, such as a change in our diet. You have pinpointed a big challenge in how to get people to change behaviour. Some of the things that you recommend could help, as others have said we need governments to provide structure and investment to things that individuals can't do by themselves.

One thing we really need to do (and I'm not accusing you of this at all) is crack down on this f***ing attitude that some people have that if you say anything about fixing the environment you're a cvnt, if a child decides to do something about it all the f***ing pricks in the right wing press pile in and try to discredit everything about her, where alt.right cvnts who are so desperate to follow their little death cult they attack every principle of science and intelligence that we rely on to function as a society, and all these petty little cvnts who go 'yeah but some things you do have an impact on the environment and you're not perfect so fuck you, and fuck the environment, and fuck any proposals to try and improve things because I'm just a big spoilt f***ing baby and don't want to change so I'm going to pretend the head of an oil company is the person to listen to about climate change and energy not the 98% of the world's scientists who have data to prove their position and the only reason it's not 100% is because 2% of the scientific community is happy to take money from evil cvnts and watch the world literally f***ing burn.'

If people acknowledge its a problem, and the Guardian poll I linked to on another thread suggests enough already do then you'd have thought the time was appropriate for world leaders to say change must happen BUT it will affect your lifestyle. You can't offset your problems to the third world and carry on consuming regardless. IF people accept that and IF politicians are brave enough a stick and carrot approach can make a noticeable difference.

I use public transport, I recycle, I've stopped at one kid.

This all seems reasonable.
Tbh the stopping at 1 kid would do loads for the world, less population over time = less usage of raw materials/ producing stuff for ever increasing populations
First two are common sense to me and should be standard, so if loads aren't actually doing that then no chance they'll be stopping other stuff. Kids is a personal choice , we actually could do with more babies being born over here, it's the massive African growth that is the problem.
I’m assuming you haven’t seen the absolute scenes on here when people are asked to just have their bin emptied once a fortnight and recycle more:lol:

Last edited:

See. You can't help yourself.

Back