The UK net zero carbon emissions thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date

The good news is that you can dress up having no kids as being socially responsible and carry on selfishly living a life of gay abandon....and that's gay in its historical sense rather than any implied judgement on your sexuality. ;)
i dont drive and remote work last time i went into the office it had been two years. That is purely out of concern for the environment you understand not because i am a work shy lazy bastard

We bought our last car based on its emissions, and seriously looked at an electric car. Our next car will be electric and we will be looking at getting a charging point and solar panels installed when we move house (hopefully soon).

We’re also looking at ways we can reduce our food waste, as I was told recently it’s the biggest impact an individual can have on carbon emissions.
What's meant by food waste though? Us plebs eat our left overs in a rather pleasant dish known as cauld warmed up. Any thing else is to feed wildlife/the son or to make compost. Or quite simply we usually buy what we need, Or does it mean food packaging waste and the damage done from the manufacturing of it
Serious question, what's the rate of carbon dioxide to oxygen conversion of a square foot of grass? And would building regs requiring a certain amount to square footage per property to be installed and retained be any use?

A highlighted the part regarding teenage mothers burning up what little money we have? Again any evidence of this?
£100 a week housing benefit,£80-90 a week JSA,child benefit £20 and whatever else they can claim,of coarse it uses up money if you think otherwise you need help 🙄 🦃 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I do what I can, I could do more but it would impact too much on my everyday life.
I'm pretty avid when it comes to recycling and I hate waste. We have few lights on at night and if I'm at home on my own in winter I don't put the heating on to heat the whole house.
We have two cars but mine gets me to work and back then just sits on the drive the rest of the time. I haven't had a holiday abroad for years but I do wonder if all thosr extra cars on the road driving to Torquay is better than packing a plane with people. There's not much more the average man can do really.

I do what I can, I could do more but it would impact too much on my everyday life.
I'm pretty avid when it comes to recycling and I hate waste. We have few lights on at night and if I'm at home on my own in winter I don't put the heating on to heat the whole house.
We have two cars but mine gets me to work and back then just sits on the drive the rest of the time. I haven't had a holiday abroad for years but I do wonder if all thosr extra cars on the road driving to Torquay is better than packing a plane with people. There's not much more the average man can do really.
on ya bike

£100 a week housing benefit,£80-90 a week JSA,child benefit £20 and whatever else they can claim,of coarse it uses up money if you think otherwise you need help 🙄 🦃 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Since you know so much about teenage pregnancies in the UK you'll also know they are in decline, so nothing to really to worry about. If your main concern is regarding tax whether that is the collection or distribution there is a lot more issues then a single teenage mothers. No idea why you keep mentioning them either especially on a thread regarding climate change.

Do you want the state to cut benefit to single mothers or something like?

i was
Since you know so much about teenage pregnancies in the UK you'll also know they are in decline, so nothing to really to worry about. If your main concern is regarding tax whether that is the collection or distribution there is a lot more issues then a single teenage mothers. No idea why you keep mentioning them either especially on a thread regarding climate change.

replying to another posters comments,but yes i would cut benefits for single mothers,back on subject lack of taxes going into the govt coffers after petrol/diesel is abolished means higher taxes on other things

I reckon he's the Sunderland bus shagger who fathered a dozen little bastards to single mothers.

Yes, catchy title, but this issue is thought by many to be the biggest facing us - as a country, as a planet.

The UK has committed to have net zero carbon emissions by 2050. Many say that this is too late, and question whether the government is on course to achieve it. To do so will take substantial changes to the way we live, eat, travel and shop.

Is anyone yet making any changes in their lifestyles because of climate change? How widely is the problem understood and grasped by the UK population?

Interesting article here:
Big lifestyle changes 'needed to cut emissions'

You should have hoyed this on the main board Janie. For those interested there are some real good initiatives being suggested/looked at. It deserves a wider audience, than us nuggets that get on here.

i was

replying to another posters comments,but yes i would cut benefits for single mothers,back on subject lack of taxes going into the govt coffers after petrol/diesel is abolished means higher taxes on other things
Fair enough if that's your view, a very callous view point though. Seems like you don't really care about the poor in society.

Back