The Tourist - bbc iPlayer

I’m being a bit of a tit here but can someone explain this bit for me.

when That Russian lass comes to see him does it suggest he was a kernt all along and was part of getting the drugs about?

Thought it was a great series with some good acting and an unexpected ending. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

Didn't know that ! As you say whether it had much of an effect on his accent is doubtful.
He'll be bilingual with a prédominance of English as his first language. Even at the age of 4 the brain becomes hardwired linguistically with the development of neural pathways.

And as Scandinavians are constantly exposed to English through telly, film and music his hardwiring would have been refined and cultivated. I saw this happen to my son. Exactly the same age.

I've seen him being interviewed and he speaks quite naturally without an hint of scandi accent using English native idiomatic expression.

Last edited:
Just starting the second series on iPlayer here.

Terrible start. Does it get any better?
Nope.

Series 1 had a contrived ending as they’d obviously earmarked another season.

Just a shame they seemed to use scriptwriters for Season 2 who, to be blunt, are absolute rubbish.

Watched part of episode 2 to see if episode 1 was an aberration but No, it’s badly written, contrived junk. Ditched it.

Back