The Tourist - bbc iPlayer

One of the only programs I've been tempted to Google to see what happens rather than watch more. Interesting story but I don't know whether it's the characters or the actors, something I'm not keen on.

Enjoyed 1-4 but lost track of what the hell was going on in ep 5 which was weird. I'm going to have to watch that one again before moving on.

Very much influenced by Fargo.

Watched the first 3 yesterday, quite enjoying it.
That big fella does a canny American accent given he's the Icelandic ( I think) actor who's been in some canny Scandi stuff.

Everyone’s experience of ep5 stuff wad be different I suppose.

Yes, it's really going to split opinion when it is broadcast as it is a significant change of style. My problem was that I was on my second bottle of wine when I watched it so need tor revisit it when sober.

Watched the first 3 yesterday, quite enjoying it.
That big fella does a canny American accent given he's the Icelandic ( I think) actor who's been in some canny Scandi stuff.

He was born in the US, although his family returned to Iceland when he was 4. Not sure whether that will have an effect on his accent or not.

He was born in the US, although his family returned to Iceland when he was 4. Not sure whether that will have an effect on his accent or not.
Didn't know that ! As you say whether it had much of an effect on his accent is doubtful.

Watched all 6 over the last few days, very good I thought. Well recommended.
No spoilers.
I agree. I thought it was excellent. Well written, funny bits, shocks and a well timed reveal of key bits of story throughout the series. I loved it.
And she grew up in Australia so her accent should be authentic

Maybe Test Hastings will pop up at the end.
Is that short for "Testicle" ?

Last edited:
Finished it last night, few good twists and unexpected bits, well written and good characters. I thought the cop lady was class.

Back