The Sun - Ben Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not unique is different to not disgusting
True enough, I just don't understand why there's outrage over this particular story over others. They've dredged up a 30 year old story that while wasn't known but was in the public domain. My biggest surprise is that it didn't crop up years ago to be honest.

I guess that makes it alright to bring up a family tragedy from over 30 years ago and put it on their front page then, for no other reason than to sell their newspaper.
I am sure the family feel the same way.
The step sister seems to think it's alright.

I personally don't think it is, but I don't buy tabloids.

I haven't read the story. Stokes considers it is harmful to his mother in particular. What was the gist of it?
well, personally, i wouldn't buy it, for all of the horrific shite they have posted over the years. i maybe bought it once or twice in my teens maybe when i was going on an away day or train journey before we had phones, but i learned pretty quickly how disgusting it is. so every time something like this happens, another handful of people learn for themselves, and stop buying it. carry on in that manner, and it will cost them money. problem is, 99% of their bullshit doesn't get called out upon anywhere near enough. fuck them, and anyone who works for them.

Problem is Marra, there are an awful lot of people who lap up that kind of stuff and take ghoulish pleasure in reading about other peoples' misfortune,deviousness or skeletons in cupboards etc. They are one of The sun's target markets.

In theory, they often scapegoat others lower down

They will regret it mind, will get got clicks etc today but a year down the line when they need Ben Stokes, he will be nowhere. V surprised they ran it like, think they badly misjudged this one. I am not someone who bashes the sun for the sake of it either.
Not just Stokes, the whole of cricket

I haven't read the story. Stokes considers it is harmful to his mother in particular. What was the gist of it?

Problem is Marra, there are an awful lot of people who lap up that kind of stuff and take ghoulish pleasure in reading about other peoples' misfortune,deviousness or skeletons in cupboards etc. They are one of The sun's target markets.

His mother might have gone through years of treatment or summit for depression etc over what happened

Finally getting her act together then this

True enough, I just don't understand why there's outrage over this particular story over others. They've dredged up a 30 year old story that while wasn't known but was in the public domain. My biggest surprise is that it didn't crop up years ago to be honest.

The step sister seems to think it's alright.

I personally don't think it is, but I don't buy tabloids.

IMHO there has been frequent outrage about various things the tabloids do. The problem has been that there's so much shit pumping out of those f***ing shitnozzles and the people in charge of regulating it do fuck all, and it starts to be normalised which is very dangerous. See also: Donald Trump.

It is good for everyone that this sort of thing generated a strong response, and if possible a serious pile on that causes the people responsible to lose their jobs and maybe a couple of fingers. One day if we push hard enough we may achieve the true objective which is for Piers Morgan, Rebekah Brooks and Rupert Murdoch to be catapulted into space in a Cat C Lada Riva

IMHO there has been frequent outrage about various things the tabloids do. The problem has been that there's so much shit pumping out of those f***ing shitnozzles and the people in charge of regulating it do fuck all, and it starts to be normalised which is very dangerous. See also: Donald Trump.

It is good for everyone that this sort of thing generated a strong response, and if possible a serious pile on that causes the people responsible to lose their jobs and maybe a couple of fingers. One day if we push hard enough we may achieve the true objective which is for Piers Morgan, Rebekah Brooks and Rupert Murdoch to be catapulted into space in a Cat C Lada Riva
That's fair enough, I'm not choosing this as my hill to tie on and am perfectly willing to concede that I may have became numb to this stuff.

Are you for real ?? You really are quite an insensitive soul if you can't see this as a problem ?

As for your argument that 'other' stories are just as bad ..... yes they often are, as the Sun are a bunch of c unts !!

:rolleyes:
Are you for real ??
Yes
You really are quite an insensitive soul if you can't see this as a problem ?
I haven't said I don't think it's not a problem, I've said I don't understand why this one has caused so much outrage. These are two opinions that aren't mutually exclusive.

As for me being an insensitive soul, I don't believe the soul exist. Silly posters that can't hold their water until they've caught up with the thread certainly do though. :lol:
As for your argument that 'other' stories are just as bad ..... yes they often are, as the Sun are a bunch of c unts !!
So you agree with my position of tabloids.

Last edited:

I think because he just won England the Cricket World Cup and put on one of the best single performances in an Ashes test, He's on the crest of a wave, and the Scum decided now is the time to shit on him from a great height

I think because he just won England the Cricket World Cup and put on one of the best single performances in an Ashes test, He's on the crest of a wave, and the Scum decided now is the time to shit on him from a great height
Think they've had it in their back pocket for a while?

Would be great if people boycotted the Sun. they’ve got form but to do this to Stokes and Thomas in the same week should really be enough to force everyone’s hands. Absolute scum of a paper

:rolleyes:

Yes

I haven't said I don't think it's not a problem, I've said I don't understand why this one has caused so much outrage. These are two opinions that aren't mutually exclusive.

As for me being an insensitive soul, I don't believe the soul exist. Silly posters that can't hold their water until they've caught up with the thread certainly do though. :lol:

So you agree with my position of tabloids.

Beg your pardon, not a soul...'person' then ? :rolleyes:
Think they've had it in their back pocket for a while?

You think ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back