The Sun - Ben Stokes

I know this is on the cricket board but I think it should be in here too (apologies if I’ve missed it)

I think that the Sun have finally shot themselves in the foot with their story about Stokes’ family.

Sales of their shit rag will surely drop even further now. After the summer Stokes has had and the national pride in his performances, the Sun have picked on someone that could really fuck with their sales. Fingers crossed the paper ceases to exist soon.

Ironically Stokes has probably given them more click bait than they could have imagined by releasing a statement.

I know this is on the cricket board but I think it should be in here too (apologies if I’ve missed it)

I think that the Sun have finally shot themselves in the foot with their story about Stokes’ family.

Sales of their shit rag will surely drop even further now. After the summer Stokes has had and the national pride in his performances, the Sun have picked on someone that could really fuck with their sales. Fingers crossed the paper ceases to exist soon.

that would be marvellous. followed by the Mail. followed by a more rounded, well educated and tolerant society

In order to limit sales of it, places need to have the balls to stop stocking it.
This article is absolutely deplorable.
Anyone working for The Scum or providing material for The Scum or advertising in The Scum need to reassess their lives.
Same goes for the Mail.

#StopFundingHate

They haven't shot themselves in the foot, probably quite the opposite really

Nah you are completely wrong, they've even removed the story from the website

They've just lost access to one of the hottest property sports stars in the country for the rest of his career

Someone will be losing their job over this.
The only person who could lose their job over this is the editor, maybe they will , I don't think personally they will
So why do you think they've not shot themselves in the foot?
And yes, I have read it in the past, before I was more worldly wise. I wouldn't touch it with a shitty stick
Because it won't change anything, whether people like it or not there is people that want to read their trash, you being one at some point.

Last edited:
The only person who could lose their job over this is the editor, maybe they will , I don't think personally they will

In theory, they often scapegoat others lower down

They will regret it mind, will get got clicks etc today but a year down the line when they need Ben Stokes, he will be nowhere. V surprised they ran it like, think they badly misjudged this one. I am not someone who bashes the sun for the sake of it either.

Surely your not that naive that this will change anything?
I thought you said it would have the opposite effect of shooting themselves in the foot? Therefore it would change something, but then you also state as quoted that you would be naive to think it would change anything.

So which one is it?

In theory, they often scapegoat others lower down

They will regret it mind, will get got clicks etc today but a year down the line when they need Ben Stokes, he will be nowhere. V surprised they ran it like, think they badly misjudged this one. I am not someone who bashes the sun for the sake of it either.
Like anything this will blow over, people know what the sun is like long before this story

Because it won't change anything, whether people like it or not there is people that want to read their trash, you being one at some point.

Yes because teenage me wanting to read the sport and look at some tits is really the demographic they're going for.

People, actual adults who read their shite and buy it now need educating. How anyone can justify buying it when they drag down so many people with their excuse for "journalism" is abhorrent.

I thought you said it would have the opposite effect of shooting themselves in the foot? Therefore it would change something, but then you also state as quoted that you would be naive to think it would change anything.

So which one is it?
The opposite effect of shooting themselves in the foot, could well be nothing will change

The opposite effect of shooting themselves in the foot, could well be nothing will change
Are you naive to think that?

Just to help you the opposite of shooting themselves in the foot would be improving their situation, not remaining in status quo

Last edited:

Back