The Stackyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

How come the pub is called the Shoulder of Mutton but everyone calls it the Stack Yard?

I know that’s on the door to the bar but you wouldn’t say ‘I’m going to the Saddle’ (The Barnes) or ‘I’ll meet you in Bloomers’ (The Rosedene).

How come the pub is called the Shoulder of Mutton but everyone calls it the Stack Yard?

I know that’s on the door to the bar but you wouldn’t say ‘I’m going to the Saddle’ (The Barnes) or ‘I’ll meet you in Bloomers’ (The Rosedene).
Eh? It's called the stackyard and that's the name on the front of it. Or am I being whooshed here? :lol:

Eh? It's called the stackyard and that's the name on the front of it. Or am I being whooshed here? :lol:
It was officially called The Shoulder back in the 90s, everyone still called it the Stackyard though. This was back when Dave E was manager. Dunno if it was originally the Stackyard years ago it something?

Last edited:

Tinkers in Shiney too. Not the Maidens Walk ever.

The shoulder is on the roundabout at shiney

Should be enough money around that area to keep two pubs going, unless they are all fur coat nee knickers types? Was always busy when Trevor had it and Big Davey.
Like you say it was always busy when Big Davey had it, Benno used to get in then also, Big Davey runs a place in Cramlington these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back