The Stackyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the biggest problem for the Stackyard, very hard to compete with a pub like the Stables right on the doorstep.
Should be enough money around that area to keep two pubs going, unless they are all fur coat nee knickers types? Was always busy when Trevor had it and Big Davey.

Should be enough money around that area to keep two pubs going, unless they are all fur coat nee knickers types? Was always busy when Trevor had it and Big Davey.
Great boozer when both of them had it.stables used to be a private members bar. Us riff raff couldn't get in....Nice to see big quinny making a go of the stacky. I have good memories of that place.

A lot of places closing in Sunderland. Wonder why with all the positive stuff the council is doing. All them gigs!! 3.5 million a gig I heard.

The Stackyard is where the cool kids go (went). The Stables is as some have said, too clique-y and there’s an awful lot of tattooed commoners getting in lately.
Gatesy's getting back in with his gang on a Friday!

The Stackyard is where the cool kids go (went). The Stables is as some have said, too clique-y and there’s an awful lot of tattooed commoners getting in lately.

I've never noticed The Stables being cliquey like, I really like the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back