The Spirit of 37 | Flag renewal campaign

Borini? Seriously? Absolutely phoned it in and didn't want to be here 2nd time round.

Just use the same surfer from the boro game every other week? No reason to chuck more money at it.
I agree. The surfer looks great.
Too many flags and it starts to look a bit "forced" ala the scum last night .
We’re really trying to cater to everyone. There’s not much for fans under 20 as none will have seen us play in the retro kits or watched the club legends.
fcuk em....at that age they have'nt suffered like us oldies

That’s the aim mate. This will allow us to spread out a bit further.

Mint. It's pure class what you're doing.

What about having a few foreign flags in support of the new lads, a France flag for Michut, Ewah and Lihadji. Costa Rica for Bennette.

A nice FTM one wouldn't go amiss as well. I remember Man Utd unveiling a big Union Jack flag with FTM on it before an FA Cup game against them at Roker Park, it was class.

Last edited:

What about having a few foreign flags in support of the new lads, a France flag for Michut, Ewah and Lihadji. Costa Rica for Bennette.

A nice FTM one wouldn't go amiss as well. I remember Man Utd unveiling a big Union Jack flag with FTM on it before an FA Cup game against them at Roker Park, it was class.

We’re gonna do a homemade banner welcoming them to the club I think. There’s definitely something for them.

That’s why we’ve done the flag with the kids/homegrown players on. To show them and future youngsters that they can find a home in Sunderland.

I would personally pay for a huge union jack surfer with FTM in the middle.

I'm not joking either

Good afternoon everyone,

Thank you to everyone who replied to our thread requesting ideas for new flags for the Roker End. We’ve had some designed and they’ve been posted below.

The aim is to purchase a load of these new designs, renew the stock of current designs (retro strips & badges) which will see us right for the next 5 years.

The current stock has been in use since the 5-4 match v Coventry and is understandably looking tired.

We’ll be getting a load of 2m x 2m (the same as the current ones) plus some huge 5m x 4m ones for the front of the stand.

The fundraising target is £10,000. This is a lot of money, but these don’t come cheap and they will see us doing displays at every home match for the next 5 years at least.

Thank you.

View media item 10064

View media item 10063It wont let me post more than 3 images in 1
Message, will add the rest after a reply.
Link removed mate

Back