The Space Shuttle That Fell To Earth

They obviously had to be professional and go through the procedures but as soon as that first report of them losing the three sensor's on the left wing they must have all new it was basically lost

They could have got another shuttle up to attempt a rescue but it would have been very risky due to lack of prep time and it would involve space walking that some of them were not trained for.

Might be a fecking stupid question this but feck it.

They went in quarantine for a week prior to avoid an infection then were shaking hands, hugging every msn n his dog in the days before launch. How does that work?
Nobodies answered me question yet! 😉

Quick internet search reveals that the launch crew are classed as Primary Contact crew and are to have clean hands at all times, report any signs of illness and keep away from the astronauts as much as possible.

Sounds like they live in lockdown type conflations

A week is summat to do with how long germs/bacteria incubate. Apollo 7 iirc was where it all started. Crew and Mission Control had a massive fall out when one took a cold into space and others caught it and they all refused to wear helmets on re-entry to the earth's atmosphere for fear of killing themselves. Since then there's always been the quarantine and nobody has taken an illness or virus into space*

*Thanks to my space geek child for offering this info up.

A week is summat to do with how long germs/bacteria incubate. Apollo 7 iirc was where it all started. Crew and Mission Control had a massive fall out when one took a cold into space and others caught it and they all refused to wear helmets on re-entry to the earth's atmosphere for fear of killing themselves. Since then there's always been the quarantine and nobody has taken an illness or virus into space*

*Thanks to my space geek child for offering this info up.
I know why the quarantine, was wondering about contact afterwards.

Just finished watching - a fascinating and sad watch.
I m no aeronautical engineer but I would never have believed that lightweight foam could penetrate reinforced carbon carbon.
A sad indictment on corporate groupthink and myopic management structures and attitudes in large corporations.

Back