The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well I was completely underwhelmed by Midsommer. Style over substance to the extreme. Reluctant to give Hereditary the chance.
Watched it yesterday and thought it was shit. Could literally have been thirty minutes shorter if not for painfully drawn out scenes of 'tension'.

Danger close

auatralian film, true story about 108 Aussies holding position against 2000 viet cong.

quality although the bad ass captain was mid cast.
7.5/10

Watched 2 classics last night....

The Jerk - one of Steve Martin's finest performances, great comedy film 8/10

The big Lebowski - great film, a Cohen brothers classic (forgot how much of a dick Jon Goodman was though lol). Jeff bridges is magnificent, sexy too -yum yum dude.
Give it a solid 8/10 again.

Proper class night of escapism, just the tonic I needed tbh.

Only just got around to watching Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday. 9/10

I'm a big fan of the Mercury anyway and have always classed him as the best ever frontman street ahead of anyone else. But Malik's performance was brilliant as was the actors who played May and Taylor. I'm glad it just ended at Live Aid and didn't feel the need to chronicle the rest of his life as it was a real feel good movie in the end. I enjoyed Malik as Mercury doing Live Aid almost as much Mercury himself.

Only just got around to watching Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday. 9/10

I'm a big fan of the Mercury anyway and have always classed him as the best ever frontman street ahead of anyone else. But Malik's performance was brilliant as was the actors who played May and Taylor. I'm glad it just ended at Live Aid and didn't feel the need to chronicle the rest of his life as it was a real feel good movie in the end. I enjoyed Malik as Mercury doing Live Aid almost as much Mercury himself.

We really enjoyed it, we watched the Elton John one not long after and it’s not a patch on Bohemian Rhapsody.

Joel Schumacher has died today, aged 80.

Director of The Lost Boys, Falling Down, Tigerland and 8MM, amongst many others.

All well worth adding to your lists if you haven't seen them.

You should have left

Mystery/Horror with Kevin Bacon

he takes he young wife and daughter for a break to a strange house in Wales.

Weird 4.5/10

Danger Close - 6.5/10 OK for a night in watch, but when you've watched the Sam Worthington narrated documentary on Long Tan, you'll see it's got some of the details wrong. I'd watch the Doc after the film if you just want to enjoy the film for what it is.

Hereditary - some difficult scenes, but I wasn't frightened or unnerved and the frequency of long, drawn out scenes quickly began to grate. Good performance by Collette, but the way her character was written was incredibly uneven throughout the movie and not in a believable fashion. 5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back