The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best movie i saw last year i reckon, made me feel uncomfortable. Best watched drinking as they do in the movie!
Couple of big movies watched with my 9 year old daughter over the weekend. Thought she might like Tom Hanks...

Forrest Gump...not sure she liked it really, the stuff with Jenny doing drugs and contemplating chucking herself off the ledge didnt go down too well, same with the Vietnam stuff. She didn't get any of the historical clips..Lennon, Nixon etc but she stuck with it. I loved it 9/10

Cast Away....one of the most underrated movies ever, she was gripped all the way through and its something i could watch over and over in fact i wish i was cast away instead of living in shithole Ashfield.. 9/10

Next weekend 'BIG' and 'Money Pit'
Check out That Thing You Do. Probably my fave Hanks after Big

The Man From Nowhere: 8/10 Very good Korean action film, bit bloody, but nowhere near the madness of The Night Comes For Us.

The Night Come For Us: 7/10 Indonesian madness, similar vein as The Raid, that it has mental fight scenes all the way through, even the ladies get in on the action, which i though their fight session was better than the end one, which went on far too long.

Artemis Fowl. One to avoid, slow and boring. Certainly a contender for the Golden Raspberry as one of the worst films of 2020. 1/10

Bridge of Spies
7/10

Tom Hanks plays an insurance lawyer who is tasked with defending a soviet spy, caught in the USA.
Very good, Hanks is as usual excellent

In the line of duty (Netflix) Shit plot, poor acting one to avoid. 2/10

Guardians of the Galaxy.

Amazing, much better than the first time I saw it.

8.5/10

We are Groot :cool::(

Eurovision Movie: Story Of Fire Saga. Tacky and silly but fun to watch. Gave me my Eurovision fix which I truly missed this year 😂 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back