The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Past few days/ nights viewing-
I See You
5/10

An unseen force causes problems for a cop and his adulterous wife. Starts canny, then gans pony

Do The Right Thing
8.5/10

The interpersonal relations of a bunch of New York citizens from different backgrounds steadily escalated to a violent climax.
Excellent, and what with George Floyd’s situation in the US- very apt

V for Vendetta
6/10

A masked vigilante takes down a dystopian, Orwellesque government in London. Quite fitting, especially the way their government lies to the people- reminds me of someone current...

Fantasy Island
4.5/10

Shite, loose remake/ rehash of the late 70’s telly show

Bad Education
7/10

Hugh Jackman plays a well- liked schools superintendent in an uncovering of the biggest embezzling case in US history. Good fillum

Vacancy (Kate Beckinsale, Luke Wilson) film about a couple that end up at a motel whereupon they realise they're live bait for a snuff film (and have to try and escape)....6.5/10

Identity (John Cusack, Ray Liotta), film about 10 folks holed up at a motel during a storm whereupon they're all getting offed by an unknown entity.....6.5/10

Days of the Bagnold Summer.

I had high hopes for this and it's been getting great reviews. Directed by Simon Bord (Will off the Inbetweeners), soundtrack by Belle and Sebastian.
What a load of chod.
2/10

Starring Rose West and Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Logon or register to see this image

Simon Bord
Bird!
Inception (it's on Netflix tha knars).

8/10

Released almost 10 years ago, still holds up reasonably well.

Last edited:
Couple from Amazon

Dating Amber - 8/10. Some very funny lines. Good acting from the two young leads.

Strangeways Here We Come - 6/10. Watchable, slightly surreal

Distracted me from the pissing rain and country’s decline into apocalypse.

Shane 8/10
Bit depressing but some lovely scenery. Plus it cracks me up the little lad hero worshipping him “There’s too many of them Shane!” and the way he’s totally gun crazy.

Children of Men (it's on Netflix tha knars)

Better than I recall. I had only previously seen it when it was released at the cinema.

Even a dreadlocked Charlie Hunnam singing the Blaydon Races didn't spoil it, despite his best efforts.

The final act drags a bit into an abrupt end, but still really good.

8/10
Lost In Translation (also on Netflix).

A film almost as beautiful as it's soundtrack.
Also 8/10

Last edited:
Tried watching Stargate on Film4 the other night. Give up after five minutes, either my telly was knackered or they had forgot to add the sound alongside the film!

The King Of Staten Island

8/10, another Apatow masterpiece.
not being overly familiar with Pete Davidson or SNL I had no idea he actually lost his dad in 9/11 and this is fairly much about him.

The disaster artist on netflix

Absolutely loved it. Class film made me watch the room after. Franco is unreal in it defo deserved the golden globe.

Coherence on Amazon Prime, very well made low budget sci-fi film 8.5/10

Leave no Trace on Netflix 7/10 ex military man struggling with society lives in the wild with his daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back