The Seagulls

Just looked like the salted variety. I watched on after the melee, he saw a peanut on the floor that had gone unnoticed by the gulls, he went to get it on his hands and knees but as he was about to grab it someone accidentally stood on his hand and then as they apologised a pigeon swooped in and snatched it.
He was having a terrible day, it really hurts having a double swoop of a hand being stepped on whilst losing the last peanut to a pigeon ..a pigeon! They only hunt nuts for sport, don't even like them...

Usually don't arrive en masse until about the 80th minute but they all rocked up about 25 minutes in today. Could only assume they thought it was an early kick off.

Quite bizarre from them
Like circling vultures waiting to pick Beales bones. They must have been disappointed.

After the game I saw them crowd an old blokie who was eating a bag of peanuts, a few of the heavier seagulls managed to pick him up and carried him a few yards before letting him go and left him on the deck clinging to his bag of empty peanuts.
That was me, I dropped me star wars wallet during the attack

That was me, I dropped me star wars wallet during the attack
Sorry for not providing any assistance mate, it all looked very awkward. I guess you never really know how you're going to react in a situation like that and sadly I have to admit that I froze. Selfishly I was also worried about them attacking my autograph book, I'd just had it signed by Steven Schumacher.

Last edited:
They can tell there is a game on and know pretty much from experience how long it will take so turn up at the end for the left over food. Very clever birds.
They'll have known with Beale still in charge were probably get turned over so will have come early expecting the stadium to be emptying after last season's result against these.

Obviously with wings it's hard to check twitter so they hadn't followed the result before flying the nest.

Back