The run up to the big operation

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 days to go

Everything went a bit tits up last night. I’d had 3 portions of fried rice over 3 days and my body decided to have a hissy fit about it all. Just as the One Show was starting.

The cramps went into overdrive and all of a sudden I’m over the bog with violent vomiting. 3 sessions in total. At one point I thought it was a hospital job. My middle felt like it was going to burst open.

I managed to get settled but not much sleep as I had to stay on my back. The pain woke me up every 20 minutes or so. I got the train this morning and just closed my eyes for the journey. My middles still feel like they’ve been through the ringer.

I have appointments at Charing Cross and St Mary’s. One step at a time. I’ll get there. I need to convince oncologist down here I’m fit for for the operation so I better get my I’m fine honestly hat on.
I hope today goes well for you @foggy and that hat is a far better option than a wankers hat.

Oncologist convinced I’m tippety top. I’m getting the full Hipec with cytoreductive surgery. Again. It’s time added not cure she said. They all say that. I’ll take it.

There are two f***ing Ammersmiff undergrounds and I picked the wrong one. Sat there like a tit for ten minutes before clocking out where I had just come in.

Turns out the bus I got off was on the way to Paddington anyway but I just have to complicate things and get pissed on in the meantime.

Anaesthetists next. I’m hoping they have some special brew mixed up via epidural. I snapped it last time and the pain was terrible.

Nearly there.

Well apart from a pre op phone call, marking up for a colostomy and a port flush tomorrow.

And then a CT on Sunday.

4.5 days

Ah, at least you'll enjoy the port flush mate.

But seriously, sounds like you did exactly what we all talked about the other day - one day at a time, one step at a time, deal with one problem at a time in order to get exactly here.
Well done mate, its took a fuck-ton of strength to get yourself there.

Oncologist convinced I’m tippety top. I’m getting the full Hipec with cytoreductive surgery. Again. It’s time added not cure she said. They all say that. I’ll take it.

There are two f***ing Ammersmiff undergrounds and I picked the wrong one. Sat there like a tit for ten minutes before clocking out where I had just come in.

Turns out the bus I got off was on the way to Paddington anyway but I just have to complicate things and get pissed on in the meantime.

Anaesthetists next. I’m hoping they have some special brew mixed up via epidural. I snapped it last time and the pain was terrible.

Nearly there.

Well apart from a pre op phone call, marking up for a colostomy and a port flush tomorrow.

And then a CT on Sunday.

4.5 days
Don't go standing on top of any tubes with those extinction rebellion folk whilst you're down there.

All the best foggy.

Nearly there.

And then a CT on Sunday.

4.5 days

If the cancer is removed why isn't it a cure? What's to say there will be a return?
Is there something about your genetic make up or do they inevitably miss something even if it's just a single cell?

If the cancer is removed why isn't it a cure? What's to say there will be a return?
Is there something about your genetic make up or do they inevitably miss something even if it's just a single cell?

Just going off past procedures. They open you up and take out what they can see. There are usually some microscopic bits that recur. I’ve heard 40 percent are still around after 5 years. That will do for me. The last time I had this operation it came back in 6 months.

I have been lucky that there was no spread to liver, lungs, lymph nodes etc. Not many get this once never mind twice. The oncologist mentioned I was ‘on the frontier’ for double Hipec. Get me. A f***ing trekkie.

Nearly there.

And then a CT on Sunday.

4.5 days
aye that Hammersmith stations is a PITA. Same thing at Edgware Road as well. One for Bakerloo and a different one for Circle, H&C & Metropolitan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back