The run up to the big operation

4 days to go

And it’s been a bad one. It seems a decent day is followed by a downturn. I slept until around 12 after yesterday’s exertions. I was due a phone call from the hospital and then had to get into Durham Hospital for stoma marking and a port flush.

Then the pain started. I don’t get it. There’s nothing in there. I took the phone call talking about logistics for next week and managed to grit my teeth while the Sister was talking and managing a she couldn’t tell I was in pain response in between.

Then off to bathroom for vomit time. The first half dozen wretches were just noise before a pathetic amount of puke came up.

I only had liquid yesterday. The hole in my belly has completely healed up. There are no more than a few bubbles of condensation on the new bag I fitted this morning.

So the stoma nurses are coming here Monday and I still need a CT plus a port flush. Then the big one. Another trip to London for an overnight. Once I get to St Mary’s on Tuesday then all this is over. It’s gown on. Knocked out. Crack on and fix it. Or at least let me be able to eat again in the future.

I am missing it.
Good luck mate.

3 days to go.

Pure orange juice ice lollies. That’s what I’m surviving on. I’m tired but better than yesterday. The trip to hospital had to be cancelled so the stoma nurse is coming on Monday. I have to get to hospital tomorrow for a CT scan. No CT no operation. Then a port flush on Monday before my last train journey to London for the operation on Tuesday.

Anyway kick off. Haway the lads.

3 days to go.

Pure orange juice ice lollies. That’s what I’m surviving on. I’m tired but better than yesterday. The trip to hospital had to be cancelled so the stoma nurse is coming on Monday. I have to get to hospital tomorrow for a CT scan. No CT no operation. Then a port flush on Monday before my last train journey to London for the operation on Tuesday.

Anyway kick off. Haway the lads.
You’ve done this long you can do three more days Foggs. Haway the lollies

keep on keeping on
Just two days to go now?
Have a good Sunday, those heading off to talk to him upstairs today put in a good word for Foggy

Last edited:
2 days to go.

CT scan done. Weak as I’ve ever been. In and out of sleep. No more puking though. Our lass brought suppositories and they have shifted the block I think. I asked her to pop one in and she was a bit shocked but didn’t refuse. I didn’t insist and did it myself but she passed the test. Despite looking horrified.

Stoma nurse. A port flush. A final trip to London tomorrow. One more big day then a final trek to hospital and it’s over to them.

2 days to go.

CT scan done. Weak as I’ve ever been. In and out of sleep. No more puking though. Our lass brought suppositories and they have shifted the block I think. I asked her to pop one in and she was a bit shocked but didn’t refuse. I didn’t insist and did it myself but she passed the test. Despite looking horrified.

Stoma nurse. A port flush. A final trip to London tomorrow. One more big day then a final trek to hospital and it’s over to them.
Best of British old chap.

2 days to go.

Nearly there.

2 days to go.

True love right there mind 😍

Best of luck tomorrow marra. Will be thinking of you xx

2 days to go.

CT Scan done. That was the last big hurdle wasn't it? Well done mate. You'll soon be on the table mate, you'll be able to start getting better soon.

Haway Foggy, you've kicked its arse before and you can do it again.

This time next week 6 points on the board and hoping you've had your first post op shite.

You're possibly the bravest bloke I don't know and I'm raising a glass to you. All the best marra

Back