The run up to the big operation

Just going off past procedures. They open you up and take out what they can see. There are usually some microscopic bits that recur. I’ve heard 40 percent are still around after 5 years. That will do for me. The last time I had this operation it came back in 6 months.

I have been lucky that there was no spread to liver, lungs, lymph nodes etc. Not many get this once never mind twice. The oncologist mentioned I was ‘on the frontier’ for double Hipec. Get me. A f***ing trekkie.
Gan on there Davy Crockett.

Oncologist convinced I’m tippety top. I’m getting the full Hipec with cytoreductive surgery. Again. It’s time added not cure she said. They all say that. I’ll take it.

There are two f***ing Ammersmiff undergrounds and I picked the wrong one. Sat there like a tit for ten minutes before clocking out where I had just come in.

Turns out the bus I got off was on the way to Paddington anyway but I just have to complicate things and get pissed on in the meantime.

Anaesthetists next. I’m hoping they have some special brew mixed up via epidural. I snapped it last time and the pain was terrible.

Nearly there.

Well apart from a pre op phone call, marking up for a colostomy and a port flush tomorrow.

And then a CT on Sunday.

4.5 days

Haway the post op poo!

Just going off past procedures. They open you up and take out what they can see. There are usually some microscopic bits that recur. I’ve heard 40 percent are still around after 5 years. That will do for me. The last time I had this operation it came back in 6 months.

I have been lucky that there was no spread to liver, lungs, lymph nodes etc. Not many get this once never mind twice. The oncologist mentioned I was ‘on the frontier’ for double Hipec. Get me. A f***ing trekkie.

I see
Hopefully you get more than 6 months this time or it'll be a hat trick!

Oncologist convinced I’m tippety top. I’m getting the full Hipec with cytoreductive surgery. Again. It’s time added not cure she said. They all say that. I’ll take it.

There are two f***ing Ammersmiff undergrounds and I picked the wrong one. Sat there like a tit for ten minutes before clocking out where I had just come in.

Turns out the bus I got off was on the way to Paddington anyway but I just have to complicate things and get pissed on in the meantime.

Anaesthetists next. I’m hoping they have some special brew mixed up via epidural. I snapped it last time and the pain was terrible.

Nearly there.

Well apart from a pre op phone call, marking up for a colostomy and a port flush tomorrow.

And then a CT on Sunday.

4.5 days
Fab news xxx

aye that Hammersmith stations is a PITA. Same thing at Edgware Road as well. One for Bakerloo and a different one for Circle, H&C & Metropolitan

I mean I’m grateful and all that that they’re trying to fix me but they can keep that London. It too full. And noisy.

Anyway on to important matters my pain relief is the anaesthetists primary concern. That good cos it’s mine too.

Homeward.

It's a great sign that there was no major spread. I should tell you the tale of my Sister-in-law, who had esophageal and stomach cancer. She had most of her stomach removed and the esophagus pretty much connected to her duodenum, and the surgeons gave her a year..... maybe. She is still with us and reasonably active for a 72 year old, TEN years after her surgery. Not cured, not drinking, and careful with her diet and supplements, but living her life.
So much of recovery depends on the mind tricking the body into resisting. I thought she was crazy, saying things like, "some people pay a fortune to have this done... I'll never be fat again!... I'm getting a brand new wardrobe etc." but I'm sure her positivity was a big factor. When you have surgery, you have to believe that this time they'll get almost all of it and your powers of resistance will be able deal with the rest.You, your family and friends, and hundreds of people on here are going to be willing this shitty disease to go into remission and for you to have years more to spend with us. Chin up, Foggy lad. We're doing this!

4 days to go

And it’s been a bad one. It seems a decent day is followed by a downturn. I slept until around 12 after yesterday’s exertions. I was due a phone call from the hospital and then had to get into Durham Hospital for stoma marking and a port flush.

Then the pain started. I don’t get it. There’s nothing in there. I took the phone call talking about logistics for next week and managed to grit my teeth while the Sister was talking and managing a she couldn’t tell I was in pain response in between.

Then off to bathroom for vomit time. The first half dozen wretches were just noise before a pathetic amount of puke came up.

I only had liquid yesterday. The hole in my belly has completely healed up. There are no more than a few bubbles of condensation on the new bag I fitted this morning.

So the stoma nurses are coming here Monday and I still need a CT plus a port flush. Then the big one. Another trip to London for an overnight. Once I get to St Mary’s on Tuesday then all this is over. It’s gown on. Knocked out. Crack on and fix it. Or at least let me be able to eat again in the future.

I am missing it.

4 days to go

And it’s been a bad one. It seems a decent day is followed by a downturn. I slept until around 12 after yesterday’s exertions. I was due a phone call from the hospital and then had to get into Durham Hospital for stoma marking and a port flush.

Then the pain started. I don’t get it. There’s nothing in there. I took the phone call talking about logistics for next week and managed to grit my teeth while the Sister was talking and managing a she couldn’t tell I was in pain response in between.

Then off to bathroom for vomit time. The first half dozen wretches were just noise before a pathetic amount of puke came up.

I only had liquid yesterday. The hole in my belly has completely healed up. There are no more than a few bubbles of condensation on the new bag I fitted this morning.

So the stoma nurses are coming here Monday and I still need a CT plus a port flush. Then the big one. Another trip to London for an overnight. Once I get to St Mary’s on Tuesday then all this is over. It’s gown on. Knocked out. Crack on and fix it. Or at least let me be able to eat again in the future.

I am missing it.
Mate I know Flicky offered too, but if you are holed up in London for period of time and want a daft c*nt to come in and talk total shite and give you potential relapse then I’m your man.

Mate I know Flicky offered too, but if you are holed up in London for period of time and want a daft c*nt to come in and talk total shite and give you potential relapse then I’m your man.

Cheers my good fellow. I am arriving late Monday, staying in hospital digs and up at the crack of to go to the hospital. Ta anyway. Appreciate it.

4 days to go

I am missing it.

Not long to go marra. Keep battling on. Hopefully three points tomorrow will help as well.

I know it's easy for me to say, as I'm thankfully, not going through the torture, you've been suffering, but try to stay positive @foggy.
You've been to hell and back, more times than any person should have to, and this thing still hasn't beaten you.
Stick at it mate, only a few days to go, that will hopefully, bring about the end to your cancer, and your suffering.
I wish for you, a better and easier day tomorrow, and thereafter, until you can get the op, over and done with, and start to recover.
Very best wishes @foggy, you're in my thoughts and prayers, mate.

4 days to go

I am missing it.
Tomorrow will be better.

4 days to go

I am missing it.
Mate there are lots of people happy to help, if you need anything just say please

Back