The Run In

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we beat Peterborough I’ll be a lot more confident, gut feeling says we get beat on Monday unfortunately! Hope to fuck I’m wrong though! I think we’ll be right up for the Pompey game because we certainly owe them!

If we beat Peterborough I’ll be a lot more confident, gut feeling says we get beat on Monday unfortunately! Hope to fuck I’m wrong though! I think we’ll be right up for the Pompey game because we certainly owe them!

Agree beating peterbro will be a massive step towards promotion. If Luton drop points today their game at burton looks a bit awkward again.

Sunderland - 83pts:
Peterborough A
Portsmouth H
Fleetwood A
Southend A
total possible: 95 pts

Luton - 87 pts:
Accrington A
Wimbledon H
Burton A
Oxford H
total possible: 99 pts

Barnsley - 85 points
Plymouth A
Blackpool H
Bristol A
Total possible: 94

Portsmouth - 83 points
Coventry H
Sunderland A
Peterborough H
Total possible: 92

What do people think? I feel we perform better away and it will be down to if we lose to Pompey.

My gut feel is:
Luton 94
Barnsley 92
Portsmouth 92
Sunderland 92

GD is tight, could do with walloping someone
So Portsmouth just need to beat Accrington on the last day to win the league?

I make Barnsley favourites on grounds of points on the board, their easy run in, their slightly superior goal difference, and our difficult run in.

There's every chance we need to win all four of our last four games - away to a team chasing the playoffs, at home to a team chasing automatic, and an away match against a team who are fighting for their lives.

I'd say its playoffs for us now, but a win on Monday would be huge.

Pompey v Coventry kicks off at 12.30 - really hard game for Pompey. Hope Coventry win despite everything.

If we beat Peterborough away I’m confident we will get enough from the rest
The duck aint so daffy !agree totally!win on monday and move on!

I make Barnsley favourites on grounds of points on the board, their easy run in, their slightly superior goal difference, and our difficult run in.

There's every chance we need to win all four of our last four games - away to a team chasing the playoffs, at home to a team chasing automatic, and an away match against a team who are fighting for their lives.

Barnsley will crumble ,the question is can we take advantage of that ?........If we beat peterborough it will be the portsmouth game at home that decides our fate!It sounds simple really if we match barnsley's results , beat portsmouth and win out game in hand we will be promoted!In a way i am happier our last two games are away as we play better and it will give the away following the recognition they deserve!

Last edited:

Barnsley will crumble ,the question is can we take advantage of that ?........If we beat peterborough it will be the portsmouth game at home that decides our fate!It sounds simple really if we match barnsley's results , beat portsmouth and win out game in hand we will be promoted!In a way i am happier our last two games are away as we play better and it will give the away following the recognition they deserve!

They may but I wouldn't bank on it. Their last three games are all against mid table sides with nothing to play for. Not sure why they would crumble there. And even if they do Portsmouth are on a great run of form.

I reckon there's every chance we need to win our last four to go up. Still, yesterday was one down, four to go.

They may but I wouldn't bank on it. Their last three games are all against mid table sides with nothing to play for. Not sure why they would crumble there. And even if they do Portsmouth are on a great run of form.

I reckon there's every chance we need to win our last four to go up. Still, yesterday was one down, four to go.
Who should we buy for our promotion charge from league one, next year?

I personally think we’ll drop at least 4 more points. I can only see Barnsley dropping 2 at most unfortunately. That’ll see us in the playoffs.

Sunderland - 83pts:
Peterborough A
Portsmouth H
Fleetwood A
Southend A
total possible: 95 pts

Luton - 87 pts:
Accrington A
Wimbledon H
Burton A
Oxford H
total possible: 99 pts

Barnsley - 85 points
Plymouth A
Blackpool H
Bristol A
Total possible: 94

Portsmouth - 83 points
Coventry H
Sunderland A
Peterborough H
Total possible: 92

What do people think? I feel we perform better away and it will be down to if we lose to Pompey.

My gut feel is:
Luton 94
Barnsley 92
Portsmouth 92
Sunderland 92

GD is tight, could do with walloping someone

Barnsley have it best for second. Only 3 games to play - less chance of a balls up. Keiffer Moore back. And their games look very winnable.

Do that and we, or Portsmouth, have to win all 4, including the hardest fixture for both of us.

We can do it ... but it’s a bigger ask for us.

I personally think we’ll drop at least 4 more points. I can only see Barnsley dropping 2 at most unfortunately. That’ll see us in the playoffs.
Who are going to take these points like?
Also are you suggesting we are going to drop points in at least 2 of our last 4 games?

Read the report on their game and they were lucky to win yesterday, their keeper kept them in it, that's why he's there I suppose.

We win on Monday the tension will be so intense next week

Be unbearable be worse than the penalty shootout

I just barely held it together at Wembley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back