The Rolling Stones

Shouldn't they give it a rest? Should have packed in in the 70's.
Not while there are corporate boxes to fill. There's the tax man to think of your know.

A couple of years back a mate of mine who is a copper in London told how he and a few others were patrolling Central London in a van when they spotted old Charlie Watts walking down the road. They pipped the horn and they all gave him a big wave and yelled "Watch ya Charlie!". Charlie saw all these coppers hanging out of a police van calling over to him and grinned and gave them a big wave back and continued on his way.

I couldn't help thinking how times had changed. Back in the day had Charlie been accosted by several police officers in a van he would have certainly legged it pretty smartish and not stopped until he got home. :lol:

I always think opinions like this are pretty idiotic to be honest. What exactly is embarrassing about them? You're either just not bothered about music, or have no clue about live music, or both. Why should a musician retire?

If you don't like the Stones then fair enough. It's not for you. But Satisfaction is as good a song today as it was nigh on 60 years ago. Why not just enjoy seeing it being played by the blokes that came up with it and recorded it? Beethoven's 9th is two hundred years old, and people still wanna see & hear that. If Ludwig van was still knocking about I'm sure Ticketmaster wouldn't much bother shifting tickets.

They have become a hideous parody of themselves. Virtual corpses jumping around like it's 1967. Having babies with young women etc. (yawn). I'd rather watch aged Spitting Image puppets of them performing. Like I say each to their own.

They have become a hideous parody of themselves. Virtual corpses jumping around like it's 1967. Having babies with young women etc. (yawn). I'd rather watch aged Spitting Image puppets of them performing. Like I say each to their own.
That didn't happen at any of the concerts I've been to.

The Stones are The Stones. It's not a parody mate.

Not while there are corporate boxes to fill. There's the tax man to think of your know.

A couple of years back a mate of mine who is a copper in London told how he and a few others were patrolling Central London in a van when they spotted old Charlie Watts walking down the road. They pipped the horn and they all gave him a big wave and yelled "Watch ya Charlie!". Charlie saw all these coppers hanging out of a police van calling over to him and grinned and gave them a big wave back and continued on his way.

I couldn't help thinking how times had changed. Back in the day had Charlie been accosted by several police officers in a van he would have certainly legged it pretty smartish and not stopped until he got home. :lol:
I worked on building sites in Corfu back in the 80's.

Finished work one day down in Kontokali & stopped of for a few beers in a bar whilst waiting for a bus back to Ipsos. Charlie Watts was sitting in the bar reading a paper. Guy I was with bought him a beer & said thanks for the music. Short while later Charlie got up to leave, gave my mate a few drachma & said buy yourself a few beers as a way of a thank you for buying the music.

I worked on building sites in Corfu back in the 80's.

Finished work one day down in Kontokali & stopped of for a few beers in a bar whilst waiting for a bus back to Ipsos. Charlie Watts was sitting in the bar reading a paper. Guy I was with bought him a beer & said thanks for the music. Short while later Charlie got up to leave, gave my mate a few drachma & said buy yourself a few beers as a way of a thank you for buying the music.
Just when ya thought Charlie Watts couldn't be any more ya favourite Stone...

I hope that makes sense. I had to think about it a few times. :lol:

Back