The Rolling Stones

The new single is pretty good, I'm impressed and will listen again. I'll be interested to hear the album. I know people will say they are way too old but is good is good and what is bad is bad regardless of age.

I love the stones but I don’t enjoy watching them perform now. I don’t like the way they perform the songs and although the back catalogue is legendary the moment has gone as far as live performances are concerned.

I could add about 20 other major artists who are still touring to that list as well.

For balance these aging rockstars still sell masses of tickets and attract huge sponsorship deals so there is still a healthy market for them.

some of the songs have reimagined old song titles

sheet shiteing years
i miss poo'd
sympathy for the matron
undercover is the shite
hobbling jack flash
i can't get no statins faction

An album title that infers broken windows give me the ick when the band is in their 80s and have been millionaires for half century. Seems a bit try hard Rock and Roll.

Nearest they will have come to broken glass is when they threw a glass at the butler for incorrectly mixing their drink.

I say this without having heard a second of the album 😆

I just think they've been an embarrassment since the 80's. I saw The Who about 20 year ago and that was all well and good, but there should be a limit. A cut off point.
I always think opinions like this are pretty idiotic to be honest. What exactly is embarrassing about them? You're either just not bothered about music, or have no clue about live music, or both. Why should a musician retire?

If you don't like the Stones then fair enough. It's not for you. But Satisfaction is as good a song today as it was nigh on 60 years ago. Why not just enjoy seeing it being played by the blokes that came up with it and recorded it? Beethoven's 9th is two hundred years old, and people still wanna see & hear that. If Ludwig van was still knocking about I'm sure Ticketmaster wouldn't much bother shifting tickets.

Just listened to ANGRY. I like it. Jaggers voice still sounds good and I like the guitars too.

Its a yes from me and I will definitely listen to the album when it appears on Spotify.

First studio album in 18 years. Intriguing.

What will they be writing about given they are 80 year old multi millionaires.
I’m sure they could pick out a few juicy stories….
I always think opinions like this are pretty idiotic to be honest. What exactly is embarrassing about them? You're either just not bothered about music, or have no clue about live music, or both. Why should a musician retire?

If you don't like the Stones then fair enough. It's not for you. But Satisfaction is as good a song today as it was nigh on 60 years ago. Why not just enjoy seeing it being played by the blokes that came up with it and recorded it? Beethoven's 9th is two hundred years old, and people still wanna see & hear that. If Ludwig van was still knocking about I'm sure Ticketmaster wouldn't much bother shifting tickets.
Great post that.
some of the songs have reimagined old song titles

sheet shiteing years
i miss poo'd
sympathy for the matron
undercover is the shite
hobbling jack flash
i can't get no statins faction
Wasn’t the first one Simple Minds?

Last edited:
Just listened to ANGRY. I like it. Jaggers voice still sounds good and I like the guitars too.

Its a yes from me and I will definitely listen to the album when it appears on Spotify.
His voice does seem to be holding up and he can still do the Jagger Swagger on stage, well he did in 2018 anyways

Back