The regular premier league starter that's woeful for his team

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date

Richarlison, cost £60 million got 1 goal and plenty temper tantrums. (Played 27 times this season 12 from the start so aye not a regular starter but still shite 😂)

Last edited:
Jordan Ayew. Imo the worst Premier League player ever when considering the amount of games played at that level.

He's absolutely hopeless. A striker that has scored just 33 goals in 239 appearances. He scored his first ever Premier League brace just the other month - over 200 appearances and one brace. Shite.
Sadly when it comes down to games played Jozzy Altidore takes it almost every time. 70 games, 2 goals as a striker will never be beaten.

Unpopular opinion but I think Iwobi and Joelinton are two of the most improved players this season.

I mean 2 goals for iwobi doesn't scream improvement to me like. Unless he scored 1 last season then it's hard to disagree. He's woeful. I wouldn't have him in Sunderlands team over any of our attackers.

Couldn't disagree more with this, but I'm not going to argue with a fellow Everton fan on a Sunderland forum :lol:
Players player of the year. Top metrics in transition build up, crosses, and key passes into the final 3rd and even a few tackles in him. I think hes best on the outside of a midfield 3 and people still expect him to be a winger, but hes had a really good year.
Which bit do you disagree with?

And how would you assess Iwobi's time with us?

Players player of the year. Top metrics in transition build up, crosses, and key passes into the final 3rd and even a few tackles in him. I think hes best on the outside of a midfield 3 and people still expect him to be a winger, but hes had a really good year.
Why are you comparing Henderson v Iwobi?

As for the rest of it, I base my opinion on far more than statistics. I watch Iwobi week in week out and he is a very disappointing and frustrating player to watch. He is a great athlete and he has put in some good performances in the past year but he's also had some shockers. Iwobi is one of the best examples of why Everton find ourselves in the position we are.

You can have a lot of ability and good attributes but there are some key characteristics needed to be considered a top player and to have that winners mentality. Iwobi just doesn't have it and his lack of aggression is one of the prime examples of a characteristic he lacks. His goal scoring record is terrible and he doesn't get that many assists either.

Evertonians tend to overrate our players a lot. Some are justified if they go on to play for a top club after us in the Premier League era, or in the successful eras if they won top trophies like our players did in the 1980s. Iwobi's career will not take an upward trajectory after Everton, the only way is sideways or down for him. That tells us everything we need to know about how good a player he is.

Iwobi had 7 assists for Everton last season. Same amount as Grealish and more than any other Everton player. Also more than Bernardo Silva, Phil Foden, Bruno Guimares and Gundogan. Obviously nowhere near their worst player

Last edited:
Jordan Ayew. Imo the worst Premier League player ever when considering the amount of games played at that level.

He's absolutely hopeless. A striker that has scored just 33 goals in 239 appearances. He scored his first ever Premier League brace just the other month - over 200 appearances and one brace. Shite.

The thing is Palace create much more when he's playing. As a striker (which he rarely plays anyway) his record is shit granted. But even if he isn't the last man getting assists, or great on the eye he's quite productive for them.

Last edited:

Back